Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Tires came off rim (again)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires came off rim (again)

When riding in thick mud (clay here in N.C.) I hit a rut sideways with my front tire and the tire came off the rim. I was only going about 5 mph! This happens all the time where I ride with all different kinds of ATVs. I run with 5 lbs of pressure in the tires. Should I put more air in the tire to prevent this from happening and how much? Is there another issue I should be looking at such as tires (tires are stock Badlands)? The other issue is not driver error to save you all from typing the joke [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Trailblazer

I had trouble with my stock tires to I did the same thing as you and it poped the bead on the out side of the tire. I have had the trouble with my new rims and Tsl vampires. I have started running 7 pounds of air in my tires to try and stop the problem. I have not had it happen since knock on wood.

Old 07-16-2006, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

ditch the badlands i had big problems with them as well and alot of people have i bought itp mud lites and steering is much better and no problems since

Old 07-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

get rid of the badlands their sidewalls are very soft. i have itp 589's on mine they are one of your stiffest tires and this is a non issue for me. if you get a 6-ply tire you will notice your atv will handle way better as well it won't roll as much in the corners. besides for stock tires badlands do decent in the mud but nothing compared to an aftermarket tire.

Old 07-16-2006, 02:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree, aftermarket tires are the way to go for strength and traction, but you might suffer a loss in smoothness on the road and hardpack. I have Interco Swamplites, and the ride was noticably different on tar, but thats not what these tires are designed for, they are strong, 6ply aggressive off road tires, and i wont buy another kind[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Range Rover

Thanks guys. So what's the difference between 589's and Mud Lites? I saw both at the dealer last week and notice the Mud Lites have channels in the lugs where the 589 lug is solid. I ride mud, streams, hard pack dirt, so need something that will cover all this and not get me stuck or tire fall off.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

both are excellent tires. the mud lites are lighter and offer a better ride from what i hear and everyone that has them are extremely satisfied with them. the 589 is a tough heavy tire that rides rougher but i love mine. with you having a 400 deffinately go with 26 inch mud lites.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

go mud lite there a great tire smooth ride a little lumpy under 5 mph but not bad very light and your steering will improve greatly ive got the xl there a deeper lug depth i liked the 589s but eve

Old 07-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

sorry got cut off there most recomend the lites but both are a great tire although i hear the 589 arent as good in the snow dont hold me to that i just read it in forums good luck

Old 07-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: kaptap
When riding in thick mud (clay here in N.C.) I hit a rut sideways with my front tire and the tire came off the rim. I was only going about 5 mph! This happens all the time where I ride with all different kinds of ATVs. I run with 5 lbs of pressure in the tires. Should I put more air in the tire to prevent this from happening and how much? Is there another issue I should be looking at such as tires (tires are stock Badlands)? The other issue is not driver error to save you all from typing the joke [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Some times using a Beadsealer solves the problem, but new tires are always nice too. lol. =]

Quick Reply: Tires came off rim (again)