Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Brushguard bumper, or Gun Scabbard?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 09:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushguard bumper, or Gun Scabbard?

Ive been given permission(lol) by the wife for a 160 dollar add on. Should i get the brush guard bumper, or the Gun Scabbard? (Eventually i will have both, but what would you get first?)

Old 07-26-2006, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

I would go with the brush guard, I would rather have my machine protected first unless you carry your weapon with you all the time.

Old 07-26-2006, 08:47 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I have to get the special permission for stuff too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

I guess it would depend on where you are riding. Are you more likely to run into brush and need the bumper, or run into something you may need to shoot. I'd hate to get into a situation where the ony thing I had to defend myself was a brush guard. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

yup, I need permission too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

I have both, the gun thing is super nice. I got it off ebay for $40 I think, that didn't include the boot. I then went to Fleet Farm and got the Kolpin boot for $33. That is a heck of a lot cheaper then Arctic Cat is trying to rip you off for. So, if you are going to get both by October, then get the brush guard first, but if you won't be able to get both for another year, get the speedrack gun boot so you can go hunting. It really is a nice one. Also, I think I see the front bumber on ebay all the time for $100.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I bought and installed the front Brushguard bumper tonight, and i love the looks! Next month, gun scabbard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

i bought a gun scabboard and i used it during deer season once and never used it again. a gun scabboard is really nice for shotgun when we go out grouse hunting but it bounces around in there so any firearm that you have in there that has a scope you take the chance of your scope being knocked off. that deer season mine got knocked off cause i had to drive down rougher terrain and my gun ended up being about a foot off and i always sight my deer rifle in 3 inches high at 100 yards. now for as often as i carry a firearm with me i got just a regular soft case i carry across my lap, besides it is quicker to get to in a pinch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

oh and the question about what would you do if you needed your gun and all you had was a brush guard. well i have pushed a grizzly or two in my lifetime with my brushguard [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and glad you like your guard v2 now go kill some tree's and grizzly's

Old 07-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

A person really doens't know how nice the front brushguard bumper is until you get one. I just love it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I love the gun scabbard too though. My rifles sit in there pretty tight so I don't worry about the scopes getting knocked off. Plus, I am not a very good shot so it doesn't matter anyway. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL!!!! I guess you dont need to be a great shot to hit a moose the size of a truck! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Brushguard bumper, or Gun Scabbard?