Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

AC tire/rim question

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC tire/rim question

Are the carlisle tires good for all around riding? I did a search and am finding mixed reviews. Should I try to get another AC tire selection in the deal? Are the stock rims lighter than the AC specialized rims? This will be on a 500 btw. Thanks for any info.

Old 08-13-2006, 04:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Look at my pics, those are the best rated all terrain tire you can get right now. They work well in mud, snow, rough terrain, and hardpack. The rims are Delta series steel chromed rims. The tires are Interco Swamplites. I dont know anything about Carlisle tires, but someone else might

Old 08-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Range Rover

v2rider,

I have a set of 26"dirt devils and they perform well for me. I was just thinking of having the dealer swap out the stock carlisles for another brand from the AC accessory catalog, such as the goodyears, 495's, etc. (not the 489's though).

I think the stock rims are the lightest, maybe not the strongest, but I was just curious as to how they weighed compared to the other rims AC offers.

I am just trying to think of some things to "throw" into the deal. LOL.

Old 08-13-2006, 05:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh, Ok, lol!!! Sorry to try and sound like a salesman! ha!!

Old 08-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

i have the ITP mudlite XTR (extreme terrain radial) and they are by far the best tire ive rode. monsters in the mud and no movement or noise at any speed on hard pack. get them. there is no better. the carlisle badlands xtr are not that good to be honest. they are a comfortable ride but pretty week in the thick stuff. i kept the stock rims on mine, if you get a new pair from AC get the 5 spoke aluminum, those are nice.

Old 08-13-2006, 09:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Those are sweet tires AC power, but my quad is prettier! lol later

Old 08-13-2006, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer

XTR's for me also, fantastic tire.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Range Rover

I have the stock Carlisle Badlands and they're pretty bad in thick mud. They don't self clean at all, so they become slick tires in really thick mud. Also, I've had the tires come off the rim several times in thick mud from hitting something in the mud/water. At this point, I hope each ride that they stay on the rim. I plan to upgrade to Mudlite XTRs ASAP.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:39 PM
Range Rover

maybe i'll ask the dealer to mount the regular mudlites as part of the deal (they had them on the shelf) and i'll leave the badlands at the dealer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have the stock Carlisle Badlands and they are garbage. Can't keep then sealed around the bead of the rim even cats in the show room have flats on them. I can't even start to tell you how much trouble me and my buddy with the same 2006 400 auto as mine had with our stock Carlisle.

Quick Reply: AC tire/rim question