Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

New AC 650 H1 LE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 01:28 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New AC 650 H1 LE!!!

Hello everyone! I just got my new Arctic Cat 3 weeks ago and I am really impressed. However; I have a front headlight taking in water when I spray it off with a water hose on a mist setting. I pulled the bulb out of the back and reinserted it after I rotated it. This still didn't help. I then went to an AC dealer (not the one I bought it from) and they treated me like crap after they found out I didn't purchase the bike there. HATTIESBURG CYCLES in MS!!!! DON'T go there! They roll bikes in and out so fast that I was just another number to them and they treated me like $hit! The service guy gave me the worst lie possible by telling me he called Arctic Cat and they denied my warranty repair. WTF? $8,550 and AC won't fix my headlight? When my headlight fills up the heat causes the lens to fog and at night my headlight won't shine it just looks like a flood light. It doesn't shine and it takes 2 or 3 days to dry out! I am in Hattiesburg, MS going to graduate school, which is the reason I am not able to go to my purchasing dealer. I spoke to my dealer on the phone and he said Hattiesburg Cycles should have never even thought about calling Arctic Cat and should have just fixed it with no questions asked! He said they didn't want to work on it because I didn't buy it there. BS!!! Now, since they called AC and my claim was denied I have a "red flag" on my account and I have no chance at my purchasing dealer fixing it. What do I do???

Old 08-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your purchasing dealer should be able to clear this up for you. Talk to them again.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

Red Flag on your account? I would be willing to guess there is no account with AC. Even financing is through someone other than AC. I would call this dealers bluff, report him to AC, and find another dealer to fix it for you.

Manufacturers don't want their dealer network creating a bad rap for them and they'll deal with it accordingly. About the only reason I can think of why dealers don't like warranty work, is because they get very little, if anything, for their labor.

Old 08-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Trailblazer

I am a service tech at my newby Arctic Cat dealer and I can assure you that if you take your H1 to the dealer that you bought it from they will take care of you. Good luck bud

Old 08-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Trailblazer

they would, with out a doubt fix the problem since it is only 3 weeks old. Arctic Cat is very good about warranty replacments

Old 08-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: powercat400dvx
they would, with out a doubt fix the problem since it is only 3 weeks old. Arctic Cat is very good about warranty replacments
Within that first 6 months the will replace dang near EVERYTHING.

Old 08-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

As usual, you guys are correct again. I just spoke to the dealer I bought my fourwheeler from and he first apologized and said that other dealer just didn't want to help me from the time I told him I hadn't purchased the bike from him. He assured me that this had nothing to do with Arctic Cat and it was solely just the joker I was dealing with at Hattiesburg Cycles in Hattiesburg, MS. DON'T GO THERE!!! My dealer will replace my headlight with no problem! Only thing is, I have to travel 3 hrs. back home to get it replaced because I am currently in graduate school right now at Southern Miss. Oh well, good thing is that I have an Arctic Cat now that is outright unbelievable!!!

Old 08-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask them if they will send you the replacement light for you to install if you send them the faulty one.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: Chumley
Ask them if they will send you the replacement light for you to install if you send them the faulty one.
Ya, they will have it shipped right to your door and you can put it in within minutes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I had the same situation happen with my 2004 400 back when I first got it. I bought it in Minnesota, move to Alaska and had an axle brake. The dealer from MN just shipped me the axle and I put it in myself. Easy as pie. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

There is another dealer in Columbia, MS about 30 mi. east of H'burg. The name of the place is Little River Cycles, it is located on Hwy. 98 as you come into Columbia on a hill to the left. The phone number is 601-736-8511. If you give them a call let me know what happens. I think if you explain the situation they might help... not sure. The owner goes by "Dick boy". Keep us posted.