Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 10:26 PM
JAT
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!

I have a 2003 artic cat 500 auto with real low miles less than 100 miles. I haven't rode it for a few months. So I decided I would ride it down to see a friend down the road. Well it started right up and I backed out of the driveway and started down the going about 15 mph. I then started to speed up alittle and it slowed down and stopped and will not start. It turns over but it doesn't fire or start whats wrong. Thanks for the help

Old 09-14-2006, 10:48 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help!

Carb may have plugged up on you ...how old is the gas in it?????You need to check for spark FIRST........One more thing to check........was the fuel shut-off on or off..........It may have used the gas in the line then ..quit on you because no more fuel in the line........LET US KNOW WHAT YOU FIND...................caper...............

Old 09-14-2006, 10:51 PM
Default Help!

One more thing I forgot......you said it started to speed up on you..............that is the same thing that happens when your chainsaw or snowmobile runs out of gas THEY REV-UP........caper............IS THERE ANY GAS IN IT.........................

Old 09-14-2006, 11:04 PM
JAT
Weekend Warrior
Default Help!

No I started to give it more gas and it slowed down and stopped. The tank is about half full and the switch is in the right position. I only made it about 400 feet down the road. The gas has been in it since last summer or so.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:09 PM
Default Help!

That pretty old for gas ...you may need to drain it(TANK) and clean your CARB first and go from there........caper......................

Old 09-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Help!

I agree, drain the old gas from the tank and the carb. Flush both and put new in along with some Seafoam as a fuel system cleaner. Gas goes bad in as little as 3 months any more.

Old 09-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Help!

Yes they're both right about the gas being bad, drail tank and carb and add the sea foam with the new gas and get a new spark plug ! That should do the job for sure.............good day to all ..........................williebee