Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 12:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question

I have a couple questions for you guys!!!

A. I was woundering if like all brake master cylinders had the same hose connection mine recently stopped working on my 2002 375 automatic. I think the fluid is just slipping by the cyclinder, it wont build any pressure. But like will any brake cylidner work or is it specific for my model.

B. My right front wheel has about 3" of wobble, I can still drive on it but im scared to. Is this due to a bearing or some kind of bushing or what?

Old 09-25-2006, 09:24 PM
Range Rover
Default Question

yes the connections are the same on the master cylinders until the 05s. You can order a master cylinder off an 03 model and it will work better than the one you have. The master cylinders from 96 to 00 were made by wilwood and in 01 and 02 they were made by outlaw and then in 03 and 04 they were wilwood again until they switched to hayes in 05. The wilwood ones work well and last forever- the outlaw ones were garbage. If you live in snow country, one off a sled would work fine too- it would save you a few bucks to get one used. All you have to do is swap levers off of yours to that one. As far as the wheel wobble, jack up the front end and wiggle the front tire and check for slop in the ball joints, wheel bearing, and tie rod end. Also pay attention to the bushings on the A-arms for slop and loose bolts. Chances are its a wheel bearing especially if you drive in the mud alot. If the bearing is shot the only thing keeping your wheel from really wobbleing is your brake caliper so if I were you I woudn't drive it until you find and fix the problem.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Question

your wobble could also be due to a seriously bent rim but i doubt that. if it is a wheel bearing i just put them in my dad's foreman not to long ago and it was very easy. they all have the basic front end design in those matters. my advice though is if you have a wheel wobble that bad is to stop driving immediately.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Question

I tired using one off of my sled today, and it tightned up but because the end is flared it wont seal onto it, it squirts by. I looked at the indside of my old master clyinder and its like opposite of the flare so it the hose fits perfectly, when tightned up.????

Does that mean I cant use any old master clyinder??

Old 09-26-2006, 08:58 PM
Range Rover
Default Question

if its a cat sled it should work- the one I have on mine is from a sled and I have put quite a few of the wilwood ones on the 01-02 from sleds, so it should work. Make sure that the flare hasn't been messed up and that it seals tight- you shouldn't be able to move the brake line around.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Question

oh, it probably didnt fit because it was off of a Polaris, ill try to find a cat one...................... Does it matter if it takes dot 3 fluid instead dot 4. My old one took dot 4 and I dont even no where you can buy that.........Just woundering if the calipers and stuff are good for dot 3???

Old 09-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question

Fix your wheel wobble problem and your brakes will probably work fine. If rotor is wobbling then it pushes pads out farther than M/C can push them back in.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Question

ok today I replaced the master cylinder with the new style one, I got a use one.........But anyways brakes are back on track, there still spunge ive been bleading them but it doesnt seem to do alot of good, like there not hard right away I have to pump it like 2-3 times before I can actuall feel the drag.........As for the wheel bearing I ordered last night so I should be back on the trails soon.............Any advice on the break bleading let me know............

paxfam