Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

dual challenge

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 05:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual challenge

Did you notice Yami is the only one that replied to his request? They denied it. But it looks like all the other companies just throw away the paper polaris sent them. As long as the other companies do not denie the request polaris can't say crap! Anyways I hate polaris never had good luck with them

Old 10-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default dual challenge

I bet Polaris would win! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I just hope that the next thing that we hear is not how everyone was afraid to "Put up or shut up!." That would p!ss me off and I AM a polaris owner!

Old 10-24-2006, 02:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default dual challenge

Originally posted by: Instigater
At first, I thought, yeah man, do a duel If you believe in your product, than get on it and ride! Then I found out that they are all old. I sometimes ride with a 55 yr old, I would not want him to represent Polaris. I said it before on the Polaris forum, Tiller looks like a red blooded Ameican that enjoys the outdoors! The others,....Obviously not. I guess this would be like the Japs offering a duel to all CEO's, of any product line, to see who makes the most profit in a give time. Obviously we would lose we don't make our 10 yr kids work in sweat shops!

I just wanted you all to know that, not all Polaris owners think that this is a good idea. Put ANYBODY on the quad, then I'd change my mind! I don't read the mags, I wouldn't believe them, even if they said my brand (Polaris in my case) is the best bang for the buck. Sure, that tickles my ears, but I know it isn't true.

I do believe that it is the best for what I do, which is deep mudholes. If I was into Utlity Harescrambles, I wouldn't want a heavy Polaris. If I were into LONG trail rides, I wouldnt want the Sp 800 @ 11 MPG and a 4.1 gal tank. I am, not afraid to point out the bad areas of my quad. The bad areas(heavy,slow,and price) don't bother me. It is a Utility, I want a beefy quad, I don't race it, speed is not a concern for me, and the price is because of all these quads are in the "PAY ME NOW OR PAY ME LATER" way of thinking. Polaris is more $ up front, but the repair parts are not as much as others,part for part. The Japs make more of a margin on parts, to make up a loss of margin on initial sales!

We all have different needs in a quad! There is a guy on Polaris putting 28" tires on a Scrammy. Initially this sounds like it is not the best setup. For all I know, maybe he just wants to have some mud fun at a fraction of the cost, If this is the case, than what he is doing IS the best thing for him, he already has the quad, why buy another, he is keeping the cost down and muddin' at the same time!

Sorry to get so long winded, It just p!sses me off when bashing takes place, almost everyone thinks, if you ride something different then you are a moron! I think if you bash something different, YOU are the moron!
Two things about your "old" statement; First 55 ain't old youngester and second, read my signature!

Old 10-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default dual challenge

HAHA AND i felt like i was getting old im about to be 25 on october-30 but seeing BEAR call a 55 year old man youngster made me feel like a tot again lol. But I highly doubt polaris would win not sure if yall have seen that Brp COMMERCIAL that comes on allmost every morning on this OLN-ESPN2 and a few others they raced the 800 twin efi against the 660 and the outlander i think it was anyways the Brp was clearly faster im starting to like BRP they have some nice atv's and features but i think i still like yamaha a lil bit better but polaris does have some nice atvs as well BUT how will there ever be a true winner i mean in a drag race ok its easy to see who wins but other places how can you tell because each rider is going to ride diffrent one better than the other and i for one dont think there is a such thing is THE BEST as i said before nowadays every atv made is awesome in it's own way...BUT ID STILL LOVE TO SEE THEM GO HEAD TO HEAD ^_^