Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

1 Year on the trails, join me

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 06:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 Year on the trails, join me

To all who read this post, race-gender-status- I don't care, First no nay-sayers- if you can't post something positive don't post or reply, don't' tell me how this can't be done, if you don't want to participate then don't.

I am looking for active riders that want to hit the trails for a year (2016). Race-creed-color-age-gender-orientation, I don't give a flip. If any of this bothers you as you read then this is probably not the ride for you.

these are the trails I want to ride on and too:
PAiute trail- UT
Moab trail- UT
Hatfield McCoy- WV
ride the wilds- NH
If there is time left Maine's 3000 miles of trails.

I am looking for dedicated riders. I am building a small trailer to pull behind my ace and have a little storage.
I am not wanting to make this a big deal, no sponsors, what i would prefer is ex-military brothers and sisters to join me, I miss the relationships/friendships you build, not to mention I need to test myself again, I am getting fat and lazy and I need a challenge, i am to old and my body is to broken to re-join the service.

This is where we get into the weeds- I am not trailering my ace nor any of my gear between the trails. I want to ride the entire way on my ATV.
There are Vets and ATV enthusiasts everywhere in this country we should be able to communicate that we are not harming anyone or anything as we travel through the back roads across our country. most police are x-military and if not we just let them know what we are doing and ask them for permission. let's try to sneak through town to the trail, as long as we are decent and respectful, who knows maybe we all end up in jail, but wouldn't that be an awesome story.

minimal rules for the trip:
1. your own atv/gear
2. your own money
3. prepare your atv and supplies.
4. no schedule we ride to have fun. No trailer/camper queens.
5. we deal with stuff as it happens.
6. 18 years (min) to 80 I don't care how old you are just make sure you know what your getting into and that you have the gear and the means to enjoy the ride.

Respect one another, respect life, your demons are your demons, just don't force them on others.

If you are interested drop me a line at 1yronthetrails@gmail.com, let's discuss a date and start point.
I am prepping to hit the trail in December 2015, I will ride in the cold, heat, rain, snow it doesn't matter but i will be dammed if i go another year with only putting 200 miles on my atv. I want to hit the trails and not come off of them until I am done or the year is over.

Some of you out there want to do this; you have dreamed about it. Well it's time to do it. I am 46 years old and I don't want to go another moment with out doing something to prove that I am still alive, i am not walking the PCT or the AT, **** of on that, I was a tanker not infantry, let the youngsters do that ****.
Lets just hit the trails and take a year testing our mind, body and soul, let's make some new friends testing our limits and our gear.

Yes a full year on the trails, I will say it again 1 full year. Send this to your friends and neighbors, riding partners talk about it with your club members.

No whining about how you wish you could, how you can't afford to go or can not get that much time off of work. This is going to be a meet up and role. I am going to point the ace in a direction and ride until I am done riding. I am asking if there are any others that want to go. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Howdy, awer1968. Sounds like a great idea. I can maybe help you with learning riding areas in NH, and ME. I can tell you that NH has trails from the Western side of the state to the Eastern side. These trails are called the "Ride the Wilds" trails. You can get into ME from the Eastern side of NH but the 1st and 2nd trail systems, once in Maine, aren't connected at this time. The 2nd trail system goes quite a ways toward the central part of the state and to the east of the Mooshead Lake region. Not quite sure how you would get to the Eastern side of ME. Haven't been on those trails enough to know the connectors. Hope this helps you a little bit.