Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

I must be the luckiest man alive

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I must be the luckiest man alive

I have been working on my atv the last few nights and was primed and ready last night to got for it's "back together ride" when all of a sudden I got a call from my riding buddy saying he could not go. Upon calling my wife she explained that she wanted to go. WOW cool. So I got both machines out and warmed up. About 15 minutes after she got home we were on our way. We took off from the house and went up the mountain. Man was I shocked to come around the corner and see about 4 inches of snow still on the ground. I stopped and looked at my wife who just smiled and she took off in the snow. Well it started getting dark and she is not one for cross-country boon docking. But when we stopped she suggested we ride up the ridge and try some cross-country. Man I thought god above had just answered a prayer. Needless to say 38 miles later and 33 degrees at the house(so it was a lot colder up on the mountain at 6500 feet) We were back home and smiling. She said she had a good time and parked her 4wheeler. So I am here today telling you all that after the awesome ride last night I MUST be the luckiest man alive. So what's your best story about your spouse doing the totally unexpected?

Crash

Old 10-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Wow, that's pretty awesome! You got a keeper there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'd like to tell a story about a very unexpected experience I had with my wife too but I'm afraid if I did I'd probably get banned.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-28-2006, 03:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oldman, I too have a wife that rides with me (she hunts too). It is one of those things that can make an ordinary ride into something special you will cherish the rest of your life. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2006, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

my girlfriend is very outdoorsy to. she is more excited for deer season then i am. that does sound like a pretty good time oldman i wish i had mountains to ride in here.

Old 10-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Trailblazer

AwWwWwWw... lucky guy.

Old 10-31-2006, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider

Living at the junction of great trout rivers in western Montana you are truly blessed.

Shonk,

Old 10-31-2006, 09:30 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: Theshonk
Living at the junction of great trout rivers in western Montana you are truly blessed.

Shonk,
Sweet.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2006, 07:31 PM
Range Rover

He is one for you. The wife and I went on a trip last year to Utah to ride the Paiute trail on our grizzly 660 we got early 2006. I told her to buy the smaller bike the kodiaka 450 4x4 SE but she wanted a bike as big as the one I was getting anyway here we go driving for 3 days from florida to ride the huge mountains of Utah. We got a hotel room in beaver and rested up for the next day ride. We have maps and way cool rino 530 gps tracking systems new gear bags and everything you can think of for the trip. We though we were good riders after running them around here in florida in the sand spinning donuts and running through the woods and even though we could do the black trails on the Paiute trail. Well up the mountain we go get to the top of Beaver mountain and used our winches to get through the snow at the top and what a view. We ate lunch and headed back down the nasty rock trail and at about 8,000 ft the wife rolls the bike and was trapped under this 600 lb machine. I stoped and ran up the mountain to help with the crash thank God she was not hurt but I was having a hard time picking up a 600 lb bike with 200 lb of gear on it. I got the bike high enough up after 20 min's so she could crawl out from under the beast [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have been riding all my life the last bike I had was a yamaha FJ 1200 and have raced 2 wheel dirt bikes for may years but learned a lesson that day. QUADS are not toys when the weight of the bike is to much to handle or pick up in this case. All is great now and we both ride still she just has a smaller bike. We got a 2006 wolverine 450 4x4 and she is loving life now because she knows I can pick up the bike with ease. She has rolled the grizzly 2 times now and I guess that was enough so the smaller bike was in order. It was great for me as well because you know that she can't have 2 bikes and me only one so I got the 700 raptor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] life is good.