Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Best price for a plow setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best price for a plow setup

I got the green light from the lady to get a plow. I already have a winch. Can anyone give me advice on the best prices? And happy holidays!!

Old 12-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

If you are just going to do snow then the 60" Arctic Cat one is the best to get. However, if you want to push some dirt and stuff you need the Swisher. I got the swisher setup for just over $500 at Caballas in Rogers. Don't know if the sale is still going on or not though. The Cat one will be around $400 because you need the Blad, plow frame, and plow attachment kit. Whatever you get, make sure your blade is at least 60" or when you angle it your tires will be wider then the blade.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ok, great! Thanks!

Old 12-18-2006, 07:38 PM
Trailblazer

I picked up a Kimpex click n go 60 inch plow for 500 canadian including the mount. I tried it once and it worked awesome and when angled it sticks out pass the tires. I looked at the Arctic Cat plows but the plow itself seem a bit weak to me. Now to put my new bumpers on..Happy Holidays fellas.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

You can check at Fleet Farm they carrie it too I think I payed alittle over $400 for my swisher

Old 12-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Got Milk!

Originally posted by: x_scrambler3
You can check at Fleet Farm they carrie it too I think I payed alittle over $400 for my swisher
Are you saying you paid $400 for both the Swisher plow (62") and the Swisher mount???? That is a steal, what Fleet Farm was this at, ours here is at almost $700 for them.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:55 PM
Trailblazer

What ever plow you get make sure the blade is metal. As I have the metal frame but the plastic blade. What a piece of garb. No weight to it(I guess I could add some lead down low to help out). If you go over a bump it just jumps all over, wont scrape at all. Metal plows work much better by far, more weight to hold to the ground. I just picked up a 2nd plow because of the plastic garbage.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:30 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: oldmancrash
What ever plow you get make sure the blade is metal. As I have the metal frame but the plastic blade. What a piece of garb. No weight to it(I guess I could add some lead down low to help out). If you go over a bump it just jumps all over, wont scrape at all. Metal plows work much better by far, more weight to hold to the ground. I just picked up a 2nd plow because of the plastic garbage.
I noticed how cheaply made the plastic plows were when I was looking at plows. The metal plow I bought brings the front end of my machine down when I lift it off of the ground. I'm real impressed with how much snow my cat pushes. Bring on more snow........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

I bought it a couple years ago an got the 60" plow it was like 239 for the plow an I belive it was 160 for the mount. I got it from the Brained Fleet farm.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Got Milk!

Originally posted by: x_scrambler3
I bought it a couple years ago an got the 60" plow it was like 239 for the plow an I belive it was 160 for the mount. I got it from the Brained Fleet farm.
You got a good deal, Cabellas is having a sale right now and the blade is $379, and the mount $130.

Quick Reply: Best price for a plow setup