Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

ATV Tracks

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV Tracks

I am considering installing atv tracks on my H1. Does anyone have any experience (positive or negative) with tracks. What is the best type? Anything to consider before buying? I know that fuel consumption will increase and top speed will decrease.
I live in central Manitoba and this winter we have a major amount of snow. The problem is I feel that I do not know enough about atv tracks aside from what I have read on manufacturer`s websites. I do not want to buy them only to find myself stranded in the middle of nowhere. Chances are that I may find myself riding alone from time to time.
I realize that there are no iron clad guarantees when buying a new product of anykind, but it would be nice to know what to watch out for.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Trailblazer
Default ATV Tracks

my dealer gave me a CD to watch last winter featuring the tracks. What I saw on the CD -- they do look awesome. A guy got off his bike and was waist deep in snow, jumped back on and took off.
Only disadvantage I see is, they wouldnt be much in tight places such as trails through the woods.

I have no experince with them --- but they do look pretty good.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ATV Tracks

This should be an interesting thread, good question.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I see they also have them for full size pickups.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ATV Tracks

My dealer sells them and have a demo V-2 with them on it. They say they are great in the snow. I haven't been able to down to them (they are 60 mile away) when it snows. Can't get off my hill except with the quad when it snows.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ATV Tracks

My buddy's got them on a Grizzly 660. I haven't ridden it with the tracks but he says they are unbelievable in the snow and will go just about anywhere. But he only uses them in the snow. Riding through the woods or in gravel tears them up. Sorry but I'm not sure what brand they are.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATV Tracks

I was told there are two types to check out....The first is the ones where you need snow or liquid to keep the sliders cool (hifax) like that of a snowmobile.....These will be just for snow and winter conditions.....

The second type are set on roller wheels system and can be used in the dirt and mud.....This system does not need the snow to keep the slides from heating up and friction wear!!!!

There is a little more info for you to check out BEFORE you buy....Caper.....Good luck...Just don't tell the wife or girlfriend how much they are LOL...LOL..

Old 01-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATV Tracks

I think I read somewhere or seen on a T.V. ATV show that CAN-AM has the best out there right now!!!!!...Caper......May have been "DIRT TRAX T.V." they tested they out in the western mountains...........

Old 01-11-2007, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default ATV Tracks

Very Very hard to turn

Shonk

Old 01-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!
Default ATV Tracks

Check out the Can-Am webiste, and also www.camoplast.com, mattracks.com, and litefootatv.com. I saw all these at the Toronto Snowmobile/ATV show last Fall, and they ALL looked good, so I can't tell. The issue of sliders did come up, and Can-Am uses sliders.

I'm looking for a set myself (for my Outlander MAX XT 400), but don't want to spend $4,000 - will they come down as more get on the market? Don't know, but the market sure seems to be expanding.

Let's keep up the chatter on this thread, and I do hope some ATV mag reviews them. It's all very confusing at this point, but the guy who seems to be a real pro is the Camoplast guy, who said he invented them.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV Tracks

mattracks makes a set called the lightfoot. one of my buddies went out riding with a guy from the company (they are made about 25 miles from me) and he said they were good in mud, they were better then his 28 inch mudzilla's but for the price they weren't worth it. they guy then broke a front axle in a mudhole and they couldn't retrieve it with two warn winches. they had to hoist the atv straight up in the air in order to get it out cause the broken axle basically created one of the tracks to become a plow. for 5000 dollars i will just stick with my tires. oh and both the atv's were the same both 2003 700 polaris's

Quick Reply: ATV Tracks