Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Big bore rumors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big bore rumors?

So has anyone heard anything new about the 08 models as far as larger bore goes? I have heard everything from a 750 Cat to a 800 Kingquad.

Just wondering...

Old 01-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Default Big bore rumors?

I guess I don't know what AC is doing up in Theif River Falls, but there engine plant here in St. Cloud isn't even up and running yet. I know they are going to produce TWO engines in the St. Cloud plant, one is probably going to be the 650 H1, and the other is the big mystery. I expect a twin cylinder big bore of 800 - 950 for the 2009 model year.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Big bore rumors?

Old 01-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Default Big bore rumors?

Originally posted by: ACbuilder
If we do build anything bigger than 800, it's gonna suck for Minnesota customers. Minnesota limits displacement to 800cc's. BTW, we start work in St.Cloud on Feb. 5.
ATV laws in MN chage as often as I change my undies. First off, the law says that ANY ATV 800cc or larger is not considered an ATV. So, according to the good state of Minnesota, the Can-am 800 is NOT an ATV. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] However, even so, it is classified as a "type 2" and can still go on 90% of the same trailes.

Good to hear you guys are starting soon! Are both assembly lines going to be up and running or just one? I want a tour! Who do I talk to and how do I go about getting one? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Big bore rumors?

Old 01-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default Big bore rumors?

Thanks for the info. I figured someone would know on here. I like said I heard they might be going larger but I guess its not until maybe 2009.

I didnt know they did tours, thats cool. If I was in the area I would love to go on one however I am far from MN.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Big bore rumors?

I expect a twin cylinder big bore of 800

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Big bore rumors?

Originally posted by: Catterman
Originally posted by: ACbuilder
If we do build anything bigger than 800, it's gonna suck for Minnesota customers. Minnesota limits displacement to 800cc's. BTW, we start work in St.Cloud on Feb. 5.
ATV laws in MN chage as often as I change my undies. First off, the law says that ANY ATV 800cc or larger is not considered an ATV. So, according to the good state of Minnesota, the Can-am 800 is NOT an ATV. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] However, even so, it is classified as a "type 2" and can still go on 90% of the same trailes.

Good to hear you guys are starting soon! Are both assembly lines going to be up and running or just one? I want a tour! Who do I talk to and how do I go about getting one? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I talked to the local dealer about this some time ago. Seems they write up the 800 outty as a 799cc engine in the paperwork for licensing.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Big bore rumors?

i expect an 800 cc twin efi for the prowler and atv chassis. i want to be able do do on a big bore quad what i can on my dirtbike. 45 mph kick it down and bring the front end up. oh on that note when are we gonna see someone pull off a backflip on a ute?

Old 02-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default Big bore rumors?

The way I read it, it says anything bigger than 800 cc is no longer an atv. The outlander is at 800 cc's which still would be an atv, but I've been wrong before...............once.

Quick Reply: Big bore rumors?