Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

let's be honest!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default let's be honest!

Originally posted by: Bear4570
Years ago isn't now. We have had a President lie under oath and walk away scott free, thanks to the liberals who don't care about truth or right or wrong, just power. Drug companies advertize perscription drugs on TV without the same problems drug pushers on the street have. So now there is no truth in anything anymore. Welcome to the 21st Century. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
21st century? Political figures have always lied, and who had you rather get your drugs from, a FDA approved company or the guy who makes them in his bathtub of his trailer home? Truth in advertising still applies, or at least it should.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default let's be honest!

Originally posted by: oledad
Years ago isn't now. We have had a President lie under oath and walk away scott free, thanks to the liberals who don't care about truth or right or wrong, just power. Drug companies advertize perscription drugs on TV without the same problems drug pushers on the street have. So now there is no truth in anything anymore. Welcome to the 21st Century. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
21st century? Political figures have always lied, and who had you rather get your drugs from, a FDA approved company or the guy who makes them in his bathtub of his trailer home? Truth in advertising still applies, or at least it should.

Doctors and the wrong drug each kill more people in this country than guns do every year. FDA isn't doing it's job at all or there wouldn't be as many drug recalls as there are now.

Old 02-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Range Rover
Default let's be honest!

Doctors and the wrong drug each kill more people in this country than guns do every year. FDA isn't doing it's job at all or there wouldn't be as many drug recalls as there are now.
If your going to blame something take it to its root. it's all about MONEY

Old 02-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default let's be honest!

If your going to blame something take it to its root. it's all about MONEY
True , way to true.

Old 02-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default let's be honest!

The money thing hit the nail on the head. When some guy uses his ATV to jump higher than the next guy and something breaks, it can't be abuse, and he is thinking he should not have to pay for for it, someone else should.

I think the definition of "abuse" as far as an ATV goes is as difficult to define as "normal wear and tear" is it not?

What exactly does "normal" wear mean any way? Does this mean that 2500miles in a year on your ATV is above normal? If it is Is is abuse? (even if its normal trail riding, flat ground no mud?)

I think I will have to ponder this while waiting for the superbowl hafltime show. Oh wait its not Janet Jackson never mind.

SJ

Old 02-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default let's be honest!

i beat the hell out of my fourwheelers. i have had excellent luck with the cat. i have seen people on other brands put theirs through the same punishing situations as i put mine without the same amount of luck. do i break my atv? i have in the past. do i blame my atv? no i don't i usually ask how to fix it if i don't know how or if i wanna make a certain part of the drivetrain stronger in order to withstand my certain amount of abuse. i can honestly say there are a few cases of people on this site blaming arctic cat for their quads not standing up and i have seen a couple of them being imposters who don't own an arctic cat trying to get people fired up. i am actually really suprised how calm this sight is compared to others i have observed and laughed at. as for the commercials, come on everyone knows that you can't use an atv as a wrecking ball it is common sense. only a complete idiot would believe that along with the toyota commercials they show of them pushing a new tundra off a cliff. i believe in truth in advertisement but it is a pretty thick line between that and something totally off the wall that makes us laugh. anyone with half a brain can tell the difference.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default let's be honest!

it flew for about 70 feet from 50 feet high and survived like you see
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kvfcal

I don't know if you all have seen the AC commercial on the ATV magazine CH Versus, The AC add shows a AC quad going off a cliff and the stunt rider landing on the air bag. The quad they show HITTING the ground very hard and rolling, When it stops the director yells cut and says lets do it again. Then they roll the AC back onto it's tires and start it up and ride it off with no visual damage.
IS THIS TRUE? Can any quad go off a cliff and not be mangled and bent to hell? I would like to see that for myself personally before I buy that.
I have seen many quads roll over and even a very slow roll over causes a few bucks damage.
So anyone else seen this tv commercial? Is this true that Arctic Cat now makes this tough of a quad now?
I would be interested in a few of them if this is the case, because eveytime we go out riding, you can count that one of the kids or adults borrowing someone elses quad will bend, break or roll something and when the do it cost $$$$$
Maybe they should start buying thier own *^%#@#$%^</end quote></div>

Old 10-05-2007, 02:44 AM
Range Rover
Default let's be honest!

Sorry fellas but Artic cat used to make quality sleds, but now they make assembley line junk. but I'm not saying polaris or honda or any others do it diffrent but quality is key. I'm hard on my rides but I also fix em. and when things that should be ok break i say its polaris using crap parts,manfac, whatever. but it's common wear parts that i say bummer gotta order this or that.
And if u guys happy with cats, cool beans its yours not mine. and all those how tos and whats wrong or have u evers come more or less with rider. it's same everywhere just depends on whos riding it.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default let's be honest!

I'LL STICK WITH MY WARRIOR..;-)

Old 10-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default let's be honest!

well u r right about some people doin that but i have a 2003 ac 400 atomatic at 550 miles the transimission went out out 600 the stator and now at 653 miles it blows white smoke when i start it and it has never been jumped or in overa foot of mud so there is no one else to blme but arctic cat. i also have a ac 2002 250 and 2005 500 the 250 has 15000 mils not one promblem and the 500 has 3200 miles and not one promblem

Quick Reply: let's be honest!