Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2 up ATV

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 up ATV

Thanks for all the replies!!!

Old 02-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2 up ATV

Originally posted by: check
A big disadvantage of the AC TRV is the lack of rack space behind the rear seat, which is one reason why I bought the BRP Outlander MAX XT (400), which I just love, and would buy again.
I was thinking of, well I still am thinking of, going with the Outlander MAX for the extra rack space. I've heard about can-am having trans. problems. Do you know anything about that? Also oil leaks, plastic being of poor quality, etc. A lot of people I've talked to that own can ams, say they're nothing but expensive junk. Another thing I've heard is " great marketing, bad product". Although I don't know how true any of this to be, as I've never owned one.

The main reason I was considering Arctic Cat is I really need a 2-up ATV. Not much of a selection.. AC, Polaris, and BRP. Polaris is definately out of the question for me. My neighbor bought a couple and they've been nothing but problems. Not to mention the priced a little too high. I kind of stayed away from BRP also because of the price. 10 grand for an ATV is ridiculous.

Arctic Cat seems to have a pretty fair price and I haven't read/heard much of anything bad about them. Every one seems to be well pleased with their AC machines.

I apologize if this sounds like I'm putting down any other ATV manufacturer. I'm not. Obviously I haven't enough expierience with any one brand to be able to properly critique their product. Most of my "knowledge" has came from local people or forums such as this one.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2 up ATV

No, I dont mind lol..... I love my Ac.. I wouldnt buy another. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 2 up ATV

AC and Can-Am are the two you want to look at. My buddie has two Sprotsmans, with alot of problems. Personally, the AC is the best choice, IMO

Old 02-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!
Default 2 up ATV

Originally posted by: 04stratusrt
Originally posted by: check
A big disadvantage of the AC TRV is the lack of rack space behind the rear seat, which is one reason why I bought the BRP Outlander MAX XT (400), which I just love, and would buy again.
I was thinking of, well I still am thinking of, going with the Outlander MAX for the extra rack space. I've heard about can-am having trans. problems. Do you know anything about that? Also oil leaks, plastic being of poor quality, etc. A lot of people I've talked to that own can ams, say they're nothing but expensive junk. Another thing I've heard is " great marketing, bad product". Although I don't know how true any of this to be, as I've never owned one.
Both I and a friend have the '04 models, and the only problem was a voltage regulator that was too close to the engine, which was replaced and relocated under the (3 year!) warranty. Also, the 400's are reasonably priced. (we only paid the equivalent of about $7G's U.S. plus tax for the Outlander MAX XT), and have a very good reputation. They also have amazing power and a lovely soft ride for the rear passenger - you must try one and then try the AC for comparison. Also, (like AC I believe) you can get a cargo box which quick-changes with the rear seat when you want to carry a load, and it comes stock with a rack insert that quick-changes with the rear seat, so you can strap on more stuff behind you for a one-rider trip. About the tranny problems you mentioned, I don't know of anyone with an Outlander who has had any, nor have my friend and I had any in the 2 years we have owned them.

Hope this helps!

All in all, I love the machine, but I like the AC products too, especially the DVX50 which I bought for my 9 year-old daughter.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2 up ATV

I have the 05 500 TRV. I love this machine.I can ride with anyone in my family and still be comfortable. The only bad thing is no front locking differential. But I put a winch on and now cant get stuck to use it to save my life. I am a big guy 6'4 and I sit on the back seat when I am alone to feel more comfortable. Like I said I love this machine.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!
Default 2 up ATV

The Outlander has their famous Visco-lok front differential, which operates automatically when it detects wheel-spin. It's a great feature, and I have never gotten stuck with it dues to lack of traction. (Note that the XT model comes with excellent deep-tread radial tires that have great traction and yet drive very stable on dry pavement.) The only time I have ever gotten stuck is when I have been high-centered. Also, the Outlander's have trailing-arm IRP, which is smoother and more stable than conventional IRP. (Check the website for further details.)

Two points in favour of the AC's are the higher clearance (although this makes them more tippy), and a nice 2" conventional trailer hitch receiver.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Range Rover
Default 2 up ATV

visco-lock isent as great as it sounds when you have to spin the tire before the 4x4 kicks in that is BAD how many times do you have to be told? and what they wont say about it is that as soon as it has traction it DISENGAUGES so you are back to 2wd no skidplates and a HIGH price and the trailing arm diesign did not work for chevey in the 60s on ther trucks so why do you think it is the best and most comfortable ride today? the ONLY thing they have is speed.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Trailblazer
Default 2 up ATV

When the front end unlocks it goes back to limited slip...........not 2wd!!! As for price, when I was shopping for a two seater last fall, the 400 Max Xt and the TRV were the same price right to the dollar -- $10,000 cdn. I bought the Outlander because for the same price I got way better tires, winch, hand guards and it still had a rear rack when the back seat was on.

Not saying anything bad about the TRV but this Outlander has been through everything in the last year and a half (3,500km) from -30 to +30, snow, mud, water and everything in between and has been flawless.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2 up ATV

I never tipped the Ac TRV, nor did I feel tippi.. I went up and down some nice steep hills with tight curves.

I paid 6500 with winch ... NEVER once has she let me down, I got her stuck stuck once...by my own fallt.... Should have known better lol.... But thats why i got the winch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, we all could be arguing till were bluw in the face on whos got the best one. If youre happy with youre ATV, cool ... have fun !!!

Bad and good apples in all brands.