Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2 up ATV

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 up ATV

ya i have to agree that Arctic Cat and Canam have the best 2upatvs right now...I love the outlanders 2up seats. the passenger seat is directly above the rear wheels so it seems to balance out the weight so good, i actually like driving the outlander with 2 ppl on it, seems to handle better and go through more mud as well. you can take the seat off too when only one person on it and theres a lil toolbox you put on it instead

Old 03-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2 up ATV

I have rode my sisters (2006?) AC 650 2-up w/ front locker, and I really liked it. Better ride than my 500, and far quicker and faster. She (my sister) has not had any problems with it in spite of letting everyone and her brother ride it. It really gets abused.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2 up ATV

Deedawd, wanted to say thank you first for serving [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Yes it (05 ac 500) could have a bit better pick up but we working on that lol....

Next time will be a 650 ......or maybe a 1000!!!!! ???? Who knows hahahah

Old 03-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2 up ATV

Jasmin - Thank you, I appreciate it.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2 up ATV

07 arctic cat trv 650
i love this thing, cant go wrong.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default 2 up ATV

06 TRV. Love it! Wouldn't trade the longer wheel base for anything. We're mostly hills and mnts. here in NH and the longer base makes clinbs and decents a breeze.

I did seriously look at CanAm but didn't like the style. To much sport and not enough utility.
I needed something as strong as a tractor and got it with the AC. I spent most of this past year installing gates and building bridges and the front speed rack comes in handy when you have the tool carrier, equipment carrier, and heavy duty steel box to carry equipment.
I think it rides better fully loaded down.

Jasmin,
How do you like your clutch kit and which did you buy? I'm looking for a little more snap on the low end.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2 up ATV

I have a 07 Lime Green 650 TRV. Only 24 miles on it now. Plan to use it for a work horse. Only way to go for two people. Grandkids love to ride. I know it's an expensive lawn mower.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:58 AM
Range Rover
Default 2 up ATV

You can see in my profile I own both an AC and Outty. I've owned four ACs. The OL is my first non-AC and is a 2-up machine (Max). I like it enough to the point I will not buy another one-up machine. The comfort, stability and overall usefulness of a 2-up machine more than make up for any loss of turning radius (very, very little in any event) because of the longer wheel base. So buy whatever 2-up machine you want and know you've done the correct thing.

As for Can-Am and the problems noted (transmission, oil leaks, cracked plastic), well, all machines have some issues and I've never heard of a OL transmission problem and the oil leak problem was limited to a very few early 800s. It too is a non-issue. The cracked plastic does affect some machines, but ONLY those with Camo.

As for the Visco-loc (limited slip), well, I much prefer the mechanical lock of the AC, but ask yourself this - how many times does the AVERAGE rider REALLY need a locking front axle? Visco-loc is a compromise designed for the average rider and yes you can feel the front wheel with the least traction spin a little (about 1/2-3/4 turn) before engagement occurs. Bigger tires make it much worse. I like both machines for different reasons, but if you ride with a passenger, a 2-up machine is the only way to go. Don't question your purchase of a 2-up machine, regardless of the make you choose.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2 up ATV

You know honestly I was hoping for more pickup, and I dont see it. I was told I dont have enough Miles yet on this thing so give it more time ..hmmmm OK!

I am also planning on doing the carb and muffler ,,,wich should really help,

I spin out tires,,, but I did that before its its hard to tell lol...

Tell ya what tho be prepared to spend 199 + tax. I know the got a cheaper one but that one is NOT the one for our TRV's.

I will see how much difference it makes once I take her out on the trails. I put the Clutch in right after christmas so right now were plowing with her......

Old 03-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!
Default 2 up ATV

Actually, I did get stuck this weekend on my OL Max. However, it was because I was plowing snow and I plowed up a big pile in front of me which the plow got hooked on, and when I tried backing up it was like the front end was tied to a rope around a tree. Of course all four wheels began to spin (and yes, one front wheel did turn maybe a half a turn or so before the Visco lok kicked in), and I just dug myself a hole into the sand that was underneath the snow.

I pulled myself out with the car, and continued snow plowing - about 8" of snow, and I was amazed at how well the machine did. Very nice.

I also agree that 2-up is the best, and I am always giving someone or other a ride.