Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2 up ATV

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 up ATV

Does anyone know anyone have an AC 2up ATV or ever ridden one? If so, what are your opinions on these machines? What size engine does/did it have? Please list the pros and cons you may have expierenced.

Thanks a million

Old 02-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2 up ATV

I have a 05' AC TRV 500, I have my 10 year old daughter behind me.
When I startet to look arround I noticed that the seats werent as comfy (we go on long rides) and she just looked better* I sat on them and bounced on them* . So after getting into some more details, I liked having the 500, enough Power, and easy to handel.
First time was *scary* but it wasnt as bad as I thought and now I have no Problems at all.

I never had any problems with her. I got her stuck ..that was Fun. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] * have winch will travel now *
We go up hills, down hills, trails, mud, water, snow-plow.....never had a problem.

I am a woman btw and only 5,2 I was a 140 lbs then. *gained a little now *

I dont think I would need a bigger motor, but ya know how it goes..... if you want I can show ya pics, *give ya a Link*

Cons, its BIG and heavy lol/// But I guess thats why its a 2up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default 2 up ATV

YEAAAAAAAAAA! I WANT PICS

Old 02-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Default 2 up ATV

also the diesel 700 should be out this year. its also a 2 up.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2 up ATV

I have never ridden one but have been in with a group of riders where there were a couple TRV's and they did very well and went every where everyone else did.

My next vehicle is going to be a TRV if I can ever part with my 03 400FIS which I just am totally happy with.

I think the extra 10" longer wheelbase will give a more plush ride and will be able to go anywhere I want to go. I think in the rough stuff it is a trade off anyway... someplaces the longer wheel base will do better (can straddle obstacles) and in other places it will hang up more. So to me it is 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

After riding with people that have them, the machine has impressed me enough to set my sights on one when I am ready to trade.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default 2 up ATV

I am going to assume you mean the TRV 2-up machines and not the 2-up side by side machine?

I have a TRV (or should I say I paid for it and its my wifes) and have beaten the thing up for about 3 years now. All I can say is that it does what I want it to and has gone every place we wanted it to and a few places it shouldn't have.

I mainly tow a trailer and plow with it. It carries two adults and tows 1500lbs easily. Mine is old enough to not have a diff-locker but, however nice it really does not need one.

Cons- if you put more aggressive tires on the machine the rear tires really spay stuff all over the place. Turns it into a mini-manure spreader. The passenger and the driver really get hosed and if you are not careful the bigger chunks can come back and hurt you or the passenger. THis happened to my daughter when I was driving one time. Fender extentions fix this for the most part.

Steering can also be a little hard and it leans a little too much in the corners because the stock tires roll on the rim and the stock springs can be a little weak. After market tires and HD after market springs give it a really plush ride. So much so that I could get used to being driven around on the thing.

SJ

Old 02-28-2007, 06:49 AM
Trailblazer
Default 2 up ATV

I have a 06 400TRV and absolutely love it. Great ride, hell even put my father on the back and he's 6' 240 and he thought it was pretty comfortable.
Main uses are riding w/ my 6 yr old daughter on the back (or behind Mom, me on my own quad), and pulling trailers of wood out of the woods.
When using for wood I put the box on the back in place of the seat, holds my saws/gas/oil etc... Haven't found a situation yet that the 400 wasn't enough umphhh. Even with that said I think my old quad (polaris 300) needs replaced w/ a 07 650H1 TRV. Since we have added another girl to the family, I want to see if I can rig up a car seat to the extra seat and tote my 1 yr old along for gentle cruises.
Prior to 07 the TRV came only in 400 and 500CC, 07 offers the 400 and the 650H1 in place of the 500.
Might be able to find a pretty good price on left over 06 models.
Only thing I wish they offered on the 06's is locking front differential like they do on the 1 up rides. The 650H1 TRV offers the locking diff.
Good luck

Old 02-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2 up ATV

here is the Link

http://community.webshots.com/user/snowdemonrx1

Right now, I cant wait to take her out...been too long lol

Old 02-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Range Rover
Default 2 up ATV

the name says it all! I have two of these monsters and cant get happyer! they go EVERYWERE i want and some places i should not be they are pure joy to me and my family.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:07 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!
Default 2 up ATV

A big disadvantage of the AC TRV is the lack of rack space behind the rear seat, which is one reason why I bought the BRP Outlander MAX XT (400), which I just love, and would buy again.