Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Frame repair help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frame repair help!

On my 250 4x4 cat underneath the transmission on the frame there are two badly bent and dented metal polls that support the frame, it probably isn't threatening as to if it will break but id like to fix it up before i sell it . My options are either buy a new frame and have to take apart basicly the whole quad just to fix two poles, or take it to a shop to cut out the bad parts and weld two new ones in. Is this possible and an estimate of how much it might cause, and if i am to buy the metal myself wht kind would i want to buy to replace it?

Old 03-04-2007, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

My $0.02 is to sell it the way it is, less what it would cost to fix... A potential buyer may be leery of how properly it was fixed... and would be more apt to buy it for a discounted price and fix it themselves to their satisfaction....

Also a potential buy would also wonder what else may be wrong that he doesn't know about or can see.... and there would be less chance of him/her feeling that you are trying to hide something and are not disclosing everything and trying to pull a fast one. You certainly don't want to plant the seed of doubt when a potential sale exist.

I say this having been in car sales since 1976... but it is only my $0.02 worth.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

well from my point of view anyone that is going to be looking underneath there for those kind of problems would more likley be worried about seeing a a dented frame which would make them think that the atv has been abused, other than seeing a welded fixed up part on a frame where that buyer would know that the owner takes care of his vehicles. just my 2 cents