Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

should i buy

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i buy

im new to this site and was really wanting to in with you guyz i am fixing to buy a 05 less then 13miles on it 400le 400 4x4 for 3400 is that a deal or shouldi wait and find something different and is there things i can do to this like lift and wheels and everything tht will look good it is the camo series also thanks i need inputs going to look and maybe buy tomm

Old 04-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default should i buy

is there anyone that will help me out times running out and i wnna make sure about this 4wheeler

Old 04-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default should i buy

id buy it

Old 04-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default should i buy

Originally posted by: lilbigtonka
im new to this site and was really wanting to in with you guyz i am fixing to buy a 05 less then 13miles on it 400le 400 4x4 for 3400 is that a deal or shouldi wait and find something different and is there things i can do to this like lift and wheels and everything tht will look good it is the camo series also thanks i need inputs going to look and maybe buy tomm
I don't see how you could possibly go wrong. With only 13 miles on it, who cares if it is an 05, still new. Plus the 05 has a locking front end. The guy that previously own it never had a chance to ever hurt it.

If it has been sitting for a while and I am sure it has. Make sure you put a good charge in the battery, and drain the old gas out if you think you need too, but most definately put some carb/injector cleaner in your gas and spray some in the intake while it is running, old gas has a tendency to gum things up. I always use carb/injector cleaner with every tank. I premix my gas in a 6 gal can and use Marvel Mystery Oil 1/2 oz to every gal. and I use 1/2 oz of dry gas for every gal, and 1/2 oz of carb/injector cleaner for every gal. I use either regular or mid-grade gas. The 400 has a higher compression than the 500/650 etc so you my do better with mid-grade.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default should i buy

thanks guys i really aapreciat the replys will let you know tomm if i have a new toy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2007, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Default should i buy

SOLD!

Old 04-20-2007, 12:25 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default should i buy

With only 13 miles on it, who cares if it is an 05
I agree, these things are not like cars,miles mean more than the year. I turned down a few used 04-05 ATV when a found a 01 with less miles than them all,been fun so far.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2007, 12:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default should i buy

well guys i bought it this weekend but was wondering where is all the cool stuff for it like lift, pipes, filters, jet kits, wheels and such i want to get little more performace since it is only a 400 and i am getting 26's with new rims hopefully but it def needs more umpphhh so wheres the sites with all this stuff

Old 04-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default should i buy

Originally posted by: lilbigtonka
well guys i bought it this weekend but was wondering where is all the cool stuff for it like lift, pipes, filters, jet kits, wheels and such i want to get little more performace since it is only a 400 and i am getting 26's with new rims hopefully but it def needs more umpphhh so wheres the sites with all this stuff
I would recommend waiting for a while on the mods, the 400's really come to life after 300-500 miles on them, and they have alot of low end grunt where you need it the most - stock gives very progressive and smooth delivery of power (no suprises). I would also wait on the tires. Unless you absolutely need the other 1/2 inch of clearance then why get 26" tires, you already have the industry leading ground clearance of 12 inches, with 10 inches of travel on each wheel. You will end up with $1000.00 into this with tires, wheels, jet kits, clutch kits etc., and all for 1/2 inch of clearance, and not necearily any better performance with all the tricked out stuff. I personally would leave it stock and check into some agressive 25" tires on stock rims and wait for the 400 to come to life. You may find it is all you need and save yourself a ton of money in the process, for other goodies that would be more bennificial such as a good winch, or some rugged bumpers etc.

Check my pictures out and you can see some agressive 25" tires with 1 inch deep treads. I will tell you from experience that my 400 has had alot of other guys with bigger engines and 28" tires hold their head down and tuck their tail between their legs. As far as speed is concerned, well I get mine to around 50+ mph, for me that is fast on a utility - it is not a race machine. I have to catch up on flat hard roads but when the going gets a little tough I end up waiting for them. If I wanted to go fast on flat roads I would have bought a different type of machine - a dune-buggy, go cart or some sort.

In reading the forums you will find that most of the 400 owners have not messed with the trick stuff too much.

Decide what kind of riding you do most and do the stuff that will help out on 80% of your riding and don't worry about the other 20% of the time.