Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Arctic Cat 08 366

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arctic Cat 08 366

I was wondering if anyone owns one of these ac 366 4X4 ATV's? It seems like a pretty good ATV by what I Read. Im thinking of purchasing one of these after the first of the year. Im new to ATV"S and never really rode before. My cousin has a 04 Honda Rancher that I rode for about 2 hrs. I dont like the big(600-700) atvs because they seem like they are harder to steer. I like the size of the 250 model seem like it is easier to handle. I'm just not sure if the 250 is going to be able to be able to do what i want on the trails I'm about 5'10" and 225lbs and noe sure it is going to seem bogged down or not. Thats why im leaning towards the 366 for me and the 250 for my wife. I can p/u a 250 brand new for about $2900 before taxes and the 366 for $4699 before taxes Any info will help

Old 08-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

The 366 should do fine. You may look around and find a 400 for about the same price (maybe a left over, last years model). About the same size engine but a little bigger, heavier and rugged machine with more ground clearance.
The 400 might be worth more later on if you decide to trade (bigger market for the full size machine).

Old 08-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Range Rover

the 366 is also made by Kymco (designed by Cat) so maybe wait and see if Kymco comes out with a 4x4 that may be a bit cheaper?

Old 08-31-2007, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PMDGUY i saw a site in a thread on here where they were testing all the new model for 2008 it wasn't in the States , they held iit held in the Germany , France , Holland and Sweden ; testing these machine's in all different terrain ! There were Honda's , Suzuki's , Yamaha's , Kawasaki's and the new Kymco all but the Kymco's were 4 wheel drive's ; did you see that one buckkaroo50 ? They were testing all these brand's and i do believe the new Polaris and Arctic Cat's where there but not their secret model's from AC and Polaris , i'm not sure if the Kymco was in the heat on the rugged off road mud bogging and dirt track testing ; but came in out the end showing off the Kymco on the asfault paved highway's ! Over there you can ride on the paved highway's , and i'm not completely certin off the size of the Kymco ; could've been their new 250 or the 366 it was a good video except the for no Engish ! But back to PMDGUY are you looking to get four wheel drive's or 2x4's , what ever you do deside be sure to ride as many as you can before you buy ; buck has the 03' AC 400 FIS Automatic and i have the 06' AC 400 FIS Auto also and the 06' i have is the same frame size as the 500/650H1/ and the 06' 650 V2 just samer engine with the water cooled engine ! As for myself i didnt what water cooled to me that's just extra part's that are going to wear out sooner or later , me and buck's AC 400's have an oil cooler with a electronic controled fan for cooling ; and i have ridden mine 100 degree + wheather this year and it run;s as cool as it did in feb 06' when i got it ! And we had a lot of cold down south where i'm from , i fact it kept me warm so i could ride without having to go out and a thermal suit to wear ! My 400 is still stock every thing on it down to the tire's and wheel's ! So if you think the Kymco 366 might be a little small it will seem a lot smaller when carry safety equipment and cooler's for food and drink's ! What every you pick i hope it will be one that you will won't to keep a long time , take care and be safe out there ; and you too buck old buddy yall have a good labor day weekend in what ever you're doing ! .............

Old 08-31-2007, 09:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info Willebee & Basto. I think I want to stick with the AC ATV because there are more dealers for them here in wisconsin. Are there alot of dealers that let you test ride before you buy? I went to one dealer here (just basically tire kicking) and they didnt really give me the time of day. Im more curious if anyone has the 366 and if it performs like they say it does. I like the idea of the smaller frame because it seems better to handle and easier to turn.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

Williebee, I guess I misses that test and didn't see it. Sounds interesting though. I don't place too much value on these test or magazine articles.

PMDGUY As far as the steering is concerned, you may find that once the tires are adjusted properly the bigger machines steer pretty easily. Once you start tuning the suspension the first thing you will want to do is to get rid of the 'roll-under' from the front tires - that requires more air. With more air in the front tires, the easier the machine will steer.

You ultimately will buy what suites you and your riding we are just trying to give you some food for thought and also some tips on things that we have picked up along the way. Hopefully you will get enough information so that after you buy then you won't be saying "I should have gotten the other one".

Old 09-01-2007, 02:54 AM
Range Rover

I dont believe the 366 is out yet, and if one dealer wont give you the time of day, dont be afraid to travel a little farther, to find a better one, and probably better service after the sale. To me its worth driving farther for better service

Trending Topics

Old 09-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thats what i did that dealer was closer to my house. I went to the state fair here and the AC dealer was there with some ATV's and stuff Thats where I got those prices from. The salesman was really infomative and everything. He is the one that actually told me about the 366 was coming out. From what i read about it it seems ok but I was just wondering if anyone can say it performs like they say it does. We were lookoing @ the AC 250cc (couldnt beat the price they were marked) but I just feel that for my size it will feel bogged down. I liked the size of the AC 250cc though and the 366 seems just a tad bigger.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Ac 366

For anyone who is in the market for a new atv this is a great buy for beginners. I currently own the 08 366 AC iam pleased. Im 6'2" 300lbs and it handles my weight just fine, i have mastered this machine and due to smal light frame. My boys have polaris 700's and they dont have much on me. When it comes to mud of course you need good tires so thats the only area i lack. I have stock tires. But let me tell you when it comes to tight trails and hills i leave those guys in the dust. It has exceptiona power in low gear and climbs hills with ease. The polaris comes of the ground and sometime tips over where my AC366 climbs with ease and navigates like a champ. I promis you wont be dis-satified with this machine. It does lack some power but if it can take my 300 pound *** up hills and thu the toughestobsticals im sure it will do fine for anyone looking to get into this wonderful sport.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Range Rover

My wife just got a AC 366, i wanted her to get the 400 but she didnt fit on it shes a little short for it, but the 366 is just fine it has good power the ngine is great. the trans is a typical CVT but she wll do most of her riding in high range and not worry about the low range, all wheel independent suspension is great really helps it in the trails. my only complain about it is the brakes ther is only one hand lever on the left hand and nothing on the right, it has the foot brake too but i would like to see a right hand brake on it as well

Quick Reply: Arctic Cat 08 366