Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

service artic cat 400

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 02:57 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service artic cat 400

Hi!

Do I need to clean the carb float chamber on my AC 400 2007? And how often?

In the service manual it says every 3 months.

Do you have picture and instructions? I don't understand the part in service manual.

Many thanks!

Old 09-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

If you put some carb/injector cleaner in with your gas on a regular basis there should be no need to clean the float area.
Basically you remove the bottom of the carb (float bowl). More than likely you will have to take the carb off.

You can use Seafoam which is an excellent product from what I hear. I use a mixture of carb cleaner, Marvel Mystery Oil, dry gas and Isopropyl alcohol. The alcohol helps your engine by lowering the combustion chamber temp by about 100 degrees. The Marvel Mystery Oil helps to lube the top end of your engine and also breaks up carbon deposits and lines your system so that nothing builds up and sticks. The carb cleaner and dry gas do the obvious. 1/2 oz of each per gallon will do the trick.

Old 09-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just do as buckaroo50 said and you won't need to do any carb cleaning unless you get water or thrash in you fuel tank, what i use is Seafoam it's a fuel cleaner/stabilizer with a drying agent that will clean the entire fuel system all the way to the combustion chamber of built up carbon deposit's that can gum up the valves and cause the ring's to stick when your quad sit's up for over a month at a time inbetween ride's ; just follow the directions on the back of the can for the correct mix ratio ! And this stuff will keep your carbutor and combustion chamber clear of built up carbon deposit's and keep your engine running at it's peak performance ! You can get the Seafoam from most Auto Parts Stores like Auto Zone , Advance Auto Parts , and O'Reillys Auto Parts Stores ; i bought my last 12 oz can of Seafoam from O'Reillys Auto Parts for $5.99 plus tax ! Seafoam is the best fuel treatment i have used in over the past 20 yrs in the Small Engine Service and Repair Industry , and for the price it can't be beat for all the protection it give's your engine ; you can't go wrong with this product ! But don't forget to keep up your regular maintence as per your owners manual instructions for changing your oil ,oilfilter and airfilter cleaned and lubed ; and your valves should be checked at the first 100 miles then just follow the directions in the owners manual ! If do your own serving the best investment you can make for you quad is a good O.E.M. or Haynes Service and Repair Shop Manual that goes into deep detail of your Make , Year and Model Number ; it will pay for itself with just one complete serving of your quad alone ! Have a good day , be safe and enjoy your ride ; and most of all watch out for the other guy who come's around the next corner it could be me ! Oh there's one other thing i haven't mentioned before , my Dealer gave me a video on CD when i bought my 2006 Arctic Cat 400 FIS Auto with the Suzuki 376cc Engine with the Duramatic Belt Driven Clutch on Feb - 7th - 2006 , this is one thing i have forgotten to mention in previous post's ; if you didn't get the CD Video go to your Dealer and ask them for one they're suppose to give one to each person who buy's a new AC but sometimes they forget and you have to ask for one at the time of purchase it has all the saftey info and a complete list to check before every ride you take on your new ATV ! .......................

Old 09-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Trailblazer

Thank you for helping me! I will try your tips! I am not a mechanic, so I would be happy to not remove the carb!

Thanx again!

Old 09-17-2007, 05:41 AM
Pro Rider

kinuski how is your your quad running now , is it runng bad cutting out , bogging down under load or going up steep incline's/hill's ; does it stall out when you stop and hard to restart ? Does it smoke a lot , what color is the spark plug ,is it black , white , gray are a tan brown color ; does the engine loose power after it get's warmed up to normal operating temperture's ? How many miles and hour's does your quad have on it and when did you notice your quad was started running bad , does it bogg down at high speed's or low speed's ; is your quad making any noise that started all of a sudden and at what mileage or hour's did it start making this noise ? Every forum member who has posted about the Arctic Cat 400 with the Suzuki 376cc Engine has said that the engine doesn't really start to open up and come Alive untill it has at least 300 , 500 to 1000 miles on it , and that once it get to this point ; that you can really tell the difference in the power of this engine ! My 2006 Artic Cat 400 Fis Auto Owners manual has the Mantenance Schedule the first 100 miles ( 160 km ) after breakin Battery: inspect and clean the cables then every 100 miles or ( 160 km ) or every 1 month if you let it sit up for 2 or 3 weeks i would remove the cable from the batteries and put it on a trickle or floating battery charger to keep the batteries can run down if they sit idle for these time periords and go bad like a dead cell is one of the most cases like this . Engine Nut's and bolt's inspect and tighen at the first at 100 miles ( 160 km ) after breakin , and Every 500 miiles ( 804 km ) or 6 months ! Valve Clearance 100 miles ( 160 km ) After Breakin , Inspect and adjust if needed , Then Every 500 miles ( 804 km ) or Every 6 month . Spark Plug Replace Every 4000 milse ( 6436 km ) or Every 18 months . Oil Cooler 100 miles ( 160 km ) After break in . Idle Speed 100 miles ( 160 km ) Inspect and adjust . Then Every 500 miles ( 804 km ) or 6 months . Throddle Cable 100 miles ( 160 km ) or after Breakin . Then inspect Every time before riding . Gas/vent hoses Inspect Every time before riding , Then Replace every 2 years . Engine/transmission oil and filter Replace/change Every 100 miles ( 160 km ) After Brake in , Then Every 300 miles ( 482 km ) Or Every 3 month . Air Filter , 100 miles ( 160 km ) After Break in , Then Every 100 miles (160 km ) Or 6 months Even more often in dry dusty conditions . Gear lubricant ( Front differretial - Rear Drive ) Inspect and Drain and Refill with new SAE approved 80 W 90 hypoid gear oil , Then Replace Every 4 years . V-Belt ( Automatic ) Inspect At 100 miles ( 160 km ) Then Every 500 miles ( 804 km ) Or Every 6 months . Spark Aresster/muffler Clean Every 500 miles ( 804 km ) Or Every 6 months . To Clean the spark Arrester there are 3 cap screws Securing the Spark Arrster to the Muffler , Remove the 3 Cap Screws and pull out the Arrester Assembly from the muffler and clean the carbon deposits from the Screen using a proper brush ; i use an old tooth brush for cleaning the screen ! And i also i start the engine with spark arrester out , and then after it warms up i rev up the engine 3 or 4 times in 3 to 4 intervail's The reininstall the spark arrester with the 3 cap screws ! Tire Pressure , Check at 100 miles ( 160 km ) Standard tire pressure is 5 PSI , Then Check before every ride . Brake Componates 100 miles ( 160 km ) Then Inspect before every ride . Brake Fluid 100 miles ( 160 km ) Replace Ever 2 Years . Brake hose 100 miles ( 160 km ) Replace Every 4 years . Steering 100 miles Then Inspect Every time before each ride . Suspension ( Ball Joint,Boots,Drive axle Boots Front and Rear ,Tie Rods , Differential and Rear Drive Bellows ) 100 miles ( 160 km ) Then Inspect before each Ride . Chassis Nuts and Bolts 100 miles ( 160 km ) Inspect , Then Inspect and Tighten Ever 100 miles ( 160 km ) After Break in for as long as you qwn your quad ! Frams/Welds/Racks 100 miles ( 160 km ) Inspect for cracks'and chipping paint on these componants , Then Every 500 miles ( 804 km ) Or Every 6 moths . Electrical Connections 100 miles ( 160 km) Inspect , Clean and Replace as Necessary ; Then Every 500 miles ( 804 km ) As Long As You Keep Your quad ! HeadLights/Taiillights - Brake Light , 100 miles ( 160 km ) Inspect Them , Then check them every time before riding ! This info comes from my 2006 Arctic Cat 400 FIS Automatic Transmission with The Suzuki powered 376cc with The Suzuki Belt Driven Duramatic Clutch ! So just anwser the question's i've listed above this reply so we can under stand the problem you're having with your quad , and we all will try to help you get it running right again ! ....................................

Old 09-17-2007, 06:51 AM
Trailblazer

Hi Williebee!

I have 54 hours on it. And i have 1000 kilometers on it. The only thing I have done to it is to change motoroil 10W-40 syntetic and change diff oil front and rear. I will change motoroil every 50 hour.

My machine runs great, if I haven't started it in some days it takes a couple of "start" to start the machine. About 7 tries.

I think it is very powerful for me. I can easily go up to 80 km/h with it. I only weight about 75 kg. The machines runs great, and I don't ask for more. I have not feel any power difference or wake up. I think it feels pretty awake as it is. But I am not an expert or experiensed rider.

I live in Sweden and I am using my machine in the forest and also my girlfriend like to take a trip togheter with me on it.

Old 09-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

kinuski the reason i askquestions about your 2007 Arctic Cat 400 was because you only ask about cleaning out the float bowl chamber and didn't say if it was running bad , i just had to know if it was running bad before i could give you some info to get it runnig good again ; but since you say it's running great the best way to keep it running great is to add some Seafoam to your fuel tank ! Since you live in Sweden you may need to look aroung for the Seafoam where you live , but check around your local Auto Parts Stores they should have it in an Auto Parts Store ; i don't know much about Sweden but if you can't find it there you could get off the web ! It would cost more to have it shipped from the US to Sweden ,but it would be worth the extra shipping cost it's that good of a product ; i bought an 88' S1500 GMC Jimmy 4x4 MPV from a used car lot near my home here Ga. USA the used car Dealer told me it had only 87 thousand miles on it since the engine and drive train was totally rebuilt , but after i drove it about 75 miles it started to blow smoke out the exhaust when i had to stop at a traffic light for over 1 or 2 minutes and the light changed to go it would blow a little cloud of smoke out of the exhaust pipes ; i poured a full 12 oz can of Seafoam into the gas tank had over 3 quarter of a tank of gas in it ! I poured the Seafoam into the tank of gas just to keep the gas from going bad untill i could save up for the part's would cost to rebuild the front end , i had to replace the inter and outer tie rods and a new idler arm before i could put new tires and take it to a tire center to have the front end alinement to make it safe to drive ; After i got it going i drove it about 50 miles and it just stopped smoking and hasn't smoked in over 3 month's now ! What happened was there was carbon built up in the combustion chamber that was gumming up the valve's and causing the ring's to stick the Seafoam is the only thing that could've stopped the smoking , because that was the onlt thing i did to the engine to stop the smoking ; i've used many fuel treatment's before but Seafoam is the best i have ever found when it stopped the Jimmy from smoking that was all the pruff i needed to convince me that this stuff really does what it say's it will do ! All the Auto Parts Stores in the states here in the us have it , Stores like Auto Zone , Advance Auto Parts and O'Reillys Auto Parts Stores carry it ; I bought mine from O'Reillys Auto Parts Store for $5.99 + tax it had gone up a us dollar since i bought the first can for $4.99 + tax ! Seafoam is a fuel cleaner/stabilizer that will clean out the entire fuel system and also it will clean out the combustion chamber of built up carbon deposits that gum up the valves and can cause the piston rings to stick , that was what caused the smoking in the Jimmy and after i drove about 59 to 60 miles it just stopped smoking and it's been over 3 months now and i haven't seen any smoke since before i pour the whole 12 oz can of the Seafoam into the gas tank ! It's safe to use in 2 and 4 stroke engines , gasoline and deisel fuel , if you can find it in Sweden buy it and pour some into your gas tank just follow the direction's on the can for the proper mix ratio and it wouldn't hurt to double the mix the first time you use it ; then just add what it says on the can ! You can put it your car or truck also ! My brother told me about his product he had bought Boat with a 35 hp outboard motor that had been sitting up for over a year and there was 2 red metal gas tank's in the boat that had mixed fuel still in them but it was bad from sitting up so long he bought a new red plastic tank and mixed up some new fuel and took the engine off the boat and put it in a 55 gallon metal drum so he could get the engine running with out hurting the water pump on the engine , he first tried to spray some mixed fuel in the carburator and it would run untill it burn't up the fuel he did this three or 4 times ; then he tilted the engine at an angle so he could pour some Seafoam into the car and intake and went inside the house to wait the 30 minutes the directions on the can reccomended to let it soak ! But he said he fell asleep and it was to dark to try to start it up again , so when he got up early the next morning and went out side and tried to start it again it started up and ran with a lot of smoking untill it burn't the fuel and stalled out again , he had sprayed some Seafoam into the fuel line untill it started leaking out the other end the day before started on the engine ; so he got out the new plastic tank that he had mixed at right oil to gas ratio:50:to 1 and hooked up the fuel line to the gas tank and the other end to the engine ! This time he didn't even hve to choke the engine he only had to pump the rubber bulb a few times and it started right up and this time it kept running , but it was smoking more than it would normally do he let it run for 15 to 20 minutes with the transmission in newtral and it stopped smoking ; the next week he took it to the lake and drove it all over the lake and did some fishing and when was ready to leave it started with one pull of the rope and made it back to the boat dock loaded it back on the trailor strapped it down came home ! He only kept it a few month's and he traded it for a nice ford truck for the boat motor and trailer ! Well find the Seafoam and miv some in you gas tank and any gas jug's you have and it will keep the gas from going bad , and you shouldn't have to do any carb cleaning ; only just your regular maintence like valve check and adjusting if they need it ! The best investment you make in your quad is a good O.E.M. or Haynes Service and Repair Shop Manual with a good shop manual that cover's your Brand , Make and Model that goes into deep detail of the proceedure's anyone can do a full and complete servicing's of a quad , thing's you wouldn't dream of doing without one ; and it doesn't take very many tool's to do a job like a valve adjustment the hardest part about doing a valve adjustment is taking off the plastic's ; but with a good manual that goes into deep detail they have all info on what to remove and in what order to remove them and the order of putting it back together is just reveral of the way you took it a part and adjusting the valves is a snap with a good manual ! Good luck and ride safe and just watch out for the nut's on the trail's , because they are everywhere ; i guess that's why i prefer riding at night you can see the headlight's of other rider's ! But the headlight's on my 2006 AC 400 4x4 are so dim it's hard to see the trail's as good at night like my old 86' Honda TRX 350 Foreman full time 4x4 , it only had the one headlight mounted on the middle of the handle bar's ! And my old Suzuki LT4WD 4x4 it had two headlight's mounted in the front fender's but you could see better at night with both these quad's , my brother has a 2002 or 2004 Honda TRX 350 Rancher fulltime 4x4 and his light's are dim as my AC ; i found out why he didn't like to ride after dark when i got 2006 AC ! I'm goint to try a set of driving light's i bought from Harbor Freight for $9.99 + tax in Chattnooga TN i just need to pick out a place to mount them ! kinuski i'll catch you later , and i hope i've been of some help to you ! .............................

Trending Topics

Old 09-18-2007, 03:02 AM
Trailblazer

Wow, thanks again Williebee for taking time on me!

I will try to see if I can find some seafome here in sweden... although I have never heard of it! But I haven't looked for it before either! =)

Thanks again!

/Henrik

Old 09-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

kinuski /Henrik First forgive me for the cap's and the long winded reply but i'm typing the product discription on the can word for word ! Here is the web site that you can check out the Seafoam i was telling you about ! www..seafoamsales.com Here is the description on the can it's comes in a 16.oz can , i said before in my other replys that it came in 12 oz cans , but i was either mistaken or they have it in the 12 oz can also ; i know i did buy a can for $4.99 + tax the first time i bought a can over 5 or 6 months ago so maybe they didn't go up a dollar on the can like i thought they did ! The Guarantee on the can states seafoam*is sold on a basis of:"your money's worth or your money back* Tested to 60 degree below 0 for Cars , Trucks , Snowblowers , Lawnmowers , Inboards , Outboards , Motorcycles , Snomobiles , Tractors , Chainsaws ! This gasoline additive is safe for use in all gasoline engines. This diesel fuel additive complies with the federal low sulfur content requirements for use in diesel motor vehicles and non - road equipment engines. Since 1942 Manufactured for Seafoam Sales Co. SEA FOAM* and DEEP CREEP* are registered trademarks of Sea foam Sales Co. PO Box 5178 Hopkins, MN 55343-1178 Pat No. SF-16 www.seafoamsales.com Sea Foam AUTO MARINE FLEET MOTOR TREATMENT FOR GAS AND DIESEL ENGINES HELPS PASS EMISSIONS TESTS CURES HESITATATIONS PINGING ROUGH IDLE INJECTOR CLEANER CARBURATOR CLEANER FUEL STABILZER FREES LIFTERS - RINGS DE-ICER ANTI GEL UPPER CYCLINDER LUBE DRIES OIL AND FUEL USE THROUGH CARBUTOR OR VACUMM LINE. USE IN OIL. USE IN GAS OR DiEISEL. USE IN INJECTOR CLEANING MACHINES USE IN ALL ENGINES IN ALL SEASONS 2 CYCLE * 4 CYCLE * DIESELS CARS * TRUCKS * BOATS * TRACTORS * SMALL ENGINES USE DEEP CREEP * WHEN AEROSOL SEA FOAM * IS DESIRED CONTENTS: 16 FL OZ (1 PT ) INSTANT ACTION SEA FOAM* MOTOR TREATMENT *A 100% pure petroleum product for use in all gasoline and diesel type engines , both 2 and 4 cycle. OXYGEN SENSOR SAFE. * Cleans dirty engine parts internally by removing harmful gums , varnish and carbon. WORKS AND PERFORMS INSTANTLY.* Removes moisture from oil crankcases and fuel tanks. * Stabilizes and conditions fuels. Use for engine storage. * Cures hesitations , stalls , pings and rough idle due to carbon buildup. * Helps pass emissions tests. EPA Registered. WHEN ADDED TO CRANKCASE (OIL) * Frees sticky lifters & rings * Increases RPM's vacuum & compression * Cleans dirty parts * Removes moisture * Cleans PCV valve systems One pint treats 10 quarts of oil ( avg.1 & 1 half oz. per qt. ) For use in all motor oils including sythetic. WHEN ADDED TO GAS OR DIESEL FUEL TANK * Cleans fuel injectors & carb. jets * De-Ices and removes moisture * Cleans carbon as you drive * Diesel fuel conditioner & anti gel * Lubricates upper cylinders * Stabilizes fuel One pint treats 8 - to - 25 gallons of fuel (avg. 1 oz. per gal. ) WHEN USED THROUGH INJECTION OR CARBURETOR * Cleans carbon build up * cleans intake valves & pistons * Gives smoother idle * Cleans catalytic converter odors * Cures hesitations & pings * Restores power & pickup Directions: With warm engine running - IMPORTANT: SLOWLY POUR 1/3rd pint through carburetor , throddle body or main manifold vacuum line. IMPORTANT: make sure vacuum line feeds into all cylinders. If in doubt , contact a certified technician. Turn ignition . Restart engine after 5 minutes. Be sure exhaust is well ventilated. Fumes will be extreme for a short time. * For use in injector cleaning machines , use 50% fuel. * Fill diesel fuel filters with SEA FOAM* to clean injectors fast. WHEN USED IN SMALL (2 or 4 cycle ) ENGINES * Cleans carbon build up * Restores power * Cleans carb , jets and injectors * Smooths rough idle * Stabliizes fuel * Removes moisture Directions: One pint treats 8 - to - 25 gal. of gas ( avg. 1 oz. per gal. ) or 6 -to -12 gal. of gas oil mix ( avg. 2 oz. per gal. ) for cleaning and stabilizing. Add more to clean , less to maintain. Does not replace oil. Use frequently. FOR TUNE - UP OF SMALL ENGINES , inject SEA FOAM* into carburetor while engine is running. Stop and let soak for 5 minutes , restart engine to clean extreme exhaust. TO STORE & FOG ENGINES , inject SEA FOAM* through carburetor and spark - plug holes saturating internal parts , For further cleaning , use in tank or repeat process. When aerosol SEA FOAM* is desired , use SEA FOAM* DEEP CREEP * For peak perforance use SEA FOAM* every 2,000 - 5,000 miles. DANGER: FLAMMABLE KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.Contains petroleum distillates. USE WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. AVOID contact with skin or repeated breathing of vapor. Do not get in eyes. If in eyes , flush with water and see physician. If swallowed , call a physician , do not induce vomiting. Use in accordance with all local , State and Federal regulations. *copy right protected Sea Foam Sales Company 2005 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED DANGER: FLAMMABLE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. CAREFULLY read other precautions on side panel. CONTENTS: 16 FL. OZ. ( 1 PT ) GUARANTEE SEA Foam* Is sold a basis of: "YOUR MONEY'S WORTH OR YOUR MONEY BACK" Since 1942 Manufactured for Sea Foam Sales Co. SEA FOAM* DEEP CREEP* are registered trademarks of Sea Foam Sales Co. PO Box 5178 Hopkins , MN 55343 - 1178 part No. SF - 16 www.seafoamsales.com kinuski / Henrik I copied this information word for word from the can of this product , and i first heard of sea foam from my brother Dan ; he got this tip from another forum from a search about cleaning a boat motor after he bought a Boat with a 35 hp mercury outboad motor a Minnkota foot operrated trolling motor and a Tennessee drive on trailer that had been sitting up for over a year from the a man who lived at the entrance of the private road he lives on , i didn't think much of or ever heard of this product untill he told me about it ; and when he used it on the boat motor and his ford pick up truck without having to take anything apart to get them running ! That when i bought a can to use to treat the gasoline in all my fuel jug's i use for lawn and garden equipment for , then i poured a whole can of the SEA FOAM into a 1988 GMC S1500 Jimmy 4x4 MPV i bought off a used car lot in Chatsworth Ga. that the Dealer told me he took the Jimmy as a trade in on a 2004 Dodge Ram Pick up ; i was told by the Dealer that the man who traded in the Jimmy told him that his Nefew had rebuilt the engine and drive train before he bought it from his nefew ! The Jimmy had three hundred and 3 thousand miles when i bought , and the Dealer told me it had 87 thousand miles on the engine and drivetrain and had the suspension raised 2 inches and he his machanics rebuild the brakes in his Auto Repair Shop behind his car lot ; and he had the machanics made 4 atemp's to get the ac working but it only worked about 4 day's then nothing but hot air ! Then i drove the Jimmy about 75 - to - 100 mile's before it started to smoke when i had to stop at a traffic light over 30 - 60 second's and the light would change to go it would blow a puff of smoke out the exhaust when i stepped on the gas pedal then it would stop as soon as it got going ! It only smoked at take off after stopped at traffic light's for over a minute , but after my brother and i started to do a tune up on the engine without removing the battery cables and shorted the module in the distributor ; after trying to start it up again it jumped time ! Ended up buying new module, timing chain and gear set,new starter ,new flywheel and a used distributor and gasket set total cost on part's was over $300 dollars ! No telling the labor if i didn't repair it myself but i got it going then i had to barrow a timing light from a friend to set the timing my light wouldn't work i bought at a local K Mart that was selling out the part's department to make room for a garden deptment then i had to use an awl to punch a hole to remove the capped plug to get to the low ilde screw and reset idle speed ! It didn't smoke again untill i drove it about 30 miles then it started again , but i had to wait 3 - to - 4 month to save up for the part's and i had almost a full tank of gas when it jumped time and to keep it from going bad i poured a full can of SEA FOAM in the tank ; i had to drive it while i was putting new seal's in my 87 Chevy S10 Tahoe Pick up's transmission ! It had blown the pump seal in the S10 Pick Up , and i had my younger brother talk me into buying the Jimmy ; he told me he would buy the Jimmy after i got my truck fixed if i didn't like the Jimmy ! But while i was saving the money to fix my truck i kept driving the Jimmy , but after i had used a half tank of the gas in the Jimmy i went to to top off the tank ; and i drove about 50 -to- 60 miles on the Jimmy i stopped at a traffic light that took over 5 minutes to change i looked in the side view driver's side mirrow just as i hit the gas i didn't see the smoke ! I thought what was going on there should've been smoke , but there wasn't any at all so i took a long ride about 50 miles and 50 miles back to the same traffic light i knew there would surely be smoke this time because i got to the turning lane after it had turned red ; this one turning lane has to change two times to get the green arrow if you don't get to it before it turns red and it takes 10 minutes to get to the green arrow ! But when i got the green i looked in the mirrow and there wasn't any smoke , and the only thing i did to the jimmy before repairing it was to pour in the SEA FOAM and it was at least the 12 oz. can or maybe 16 oz. ; anyway i know for sure that the SEA FOAM cleaned the combustion chamber of the builtup carbon deposit's that were gumming up the valves and causing the ring's to stick ! And that's the best fuel treatment i've ever used in over 20 yrs in the Small Engine Service and Repair Industry and i've used a wide range of product's like Stabil fuel Stabilizer it's a good gas treatment to keep the fuel from going bad , i've used fuel that had been sitting up in the shop for 4 or 5 month's and it still ran the lawn and garden equipment as good as it did when i stored it in the shop ; but the SEA FOAM is not only a fuel stabilizer but also cleans the combustion chamber as well ! And that made a believer out of me and i'm sold on this stuff there might be other product's out on the market that does work for certain job's and mixed with some other product's will do even more ! And you could experiment with 3,4 5 and even more different chemical's and come up with a do it all product , and come up with a product that work's as well as the SEA FOAM does , but who want's to pay for half a dozen different product's to come up with cure all ; when you can get one product for 10 time's the money that one product like SEA FOAM does for a 10th of the price of $5.99 + tax that does it all for one low price !