Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Swamplites.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swamplites.

hey all i was thinking of getting these for my vinson,and just looking for some feedback.They say their not bad for trail riding and mud.The article goes on to say that the side walls are a little thinner compared to some other tires,but if not you won't get decent handling.And i don't wan't a strickly mud tire.Just so many choices of tires.What to do.Some of these other mud tires just have crappy handling.And i plan to stay with 25 in.I guess 25s will allways handle better than 26s?I would like more GC.BUT I Guess i would have to buy a 2 in.lift kit.Ok thanks for the help.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Default Swamplites.

i personally love my swamp lites. i used to have 27" 589s and i liked them. put 2600 miles on them and still had half the tread left,but i saw the swamplites and had to have them. i had one issue with them from the start. i had ordered 27s and when they were mounted and put on my bike the fronts were to little. so i reorderd some 28s (to make up the difference, and it did.) anywho to make this story short i now have 28s front and back and they're awsome. the tread is 1.5 inches on the 28s. they ride great on hard pack, great in mud,good on rocks,havent had any snow yet.ive got 14" ground clearence with no lift and i am a satisfied customer. the sidewalls seem fine to me. no issues.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Default Swamplites.

I know v2rider over here has them, and he loves them. He has over 1000 miles and says the look like new still.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Swamplites.

Thats right! Check my pics to see the tires. I will get updated pics if wanted, but take my word for it, they still look new! My neighbor came over yesterday, and asked me if i just got those tires. I said no, they are the ones ive had since last year. He was pretty amazed. I only hear there is a wear problem if you ride tar most of the time. Why would you want to take a 4x4 ATV up and down the tar roads? I recommend them, as i am going to buy them if i need to again.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Range Rover
Default Swamplites.

I love my Swamplites. I will admit that stock tires are better for rock crawling because they are way more squishy & the tires seem to mold around the rocks more, but the swamplites are great for trails, snow, and mud. The swamplites also protect your rims a lot better too. you can check out my pics if you want. all the mudding pictures where with swamplites on

Old 10-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default Swamplites.

ya theyare pretty good. i have 26" mudlites on my honda rubicon 500 and my neighbour has a brand new kodaik 450 with 26" swamplites. go riding with him all the time in fact im still muddy i just got back from quading wiith him and some friends lol. but ya they are nice. but heavy, and make ALOT of dust. and contrary to waht the others have said, he has worn them out a half inch in a few months, of riding only on grassy trails, with 1500 k's

Old 10-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Swamplites.

and contrary to waht the others have said, he has worn them out a half inch in a few months, of riding only on grassy trails, with 1500 k's
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Thats about impossible with ANY tire. Ive never seen only grassy trails wear anything down.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default Swamplites.

umm no. swamp lites are two ply, they are softer. better in muck, but wear out faster. and i swear to god, i think the little holes in the middle lugs were about a centimeter b/c on his you can just barely see them now. and well mabe 200 k of that was a road, driving between my house and his several times a day everyday

Old 10-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Swamplites.

Wrong again. Swamplites are indeed 6PLY tires, very strong and long lasting

Old 10-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer
Default Swamplites.

hahahah lmao that lil **** musta been lieing, shoulda guessed he bull ***** me all the times, its probably just a knock off. b/c they are really soft. hes got SS rims to, they are nice. but his quad is absoulutly ball less. but sorry i should have checked, i just trusted him.

Quick Reply: Swamplites.