Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Proud to be cat owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2001, 02:12 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well tonight, I went oout fourwheeling on the snowmobile trails. I was all by myself, when I up on 2 guys that went off the trail trying to run through some drifts. (and people wonder why its hard to keep snowmobile trails open) Here they got buried in the drift. The guy who was leading the way was on a Sp500ho(nice bike) the other was on a rancher. The rancher wasnt that far in, so I hook him on with my winch and yanked him out. On the other hand the sp500ho was a ways off the trail. I guess the guy on Sp went off the trail drift busting when he got buried. So his buddy on the rancher tried going in after him to give him a pull out and he to got stuck. Well to make along story short I ended up driving into the snow drifts to pull him out. There where really impressed with the cat and so was I.
But I think the main thing that helped me was my wieght Im a heavier guy at 220lb and I also had another 100lbs on the rear rack. Well i thought I would share my little story with you guys.
matty

Old 01-10-2001, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider

Good one Matty, it's a great feeling isn't it! I had a similar one up elk hunting, when I had to go in and tow out a Honda 450ES that had half an elk on it and the driver. I put the other half an elk on my 'Cat, picked up his partner as a rider, and towed him and his bike out, that was way cool, and they were most impressed with the 'Cat as well.

About the weight, I'm not sure if that would have helped you, or actually made it even harder for you. One thing I noticed when I was driving through that 2' of snow up at my property (you can see the pics at the link below), the more weight I had just made me sink further into the snow, and kind of bury me. My dad was riding on the back of my 'Cat, with my driving (an extra 215 lbs.), and while I could go everywhere with him on there, it was sure a hell of a lot easier without him there. Maybe it depends on the condition of the snow?

Anyway, great story! Good to hear from another PROUD 'Cat owner!

Mike

Old 01-10-2001, 05:14 PM
Trailblazer

hey cowboy great pics you sure put the ac to the test im thinking more and more on buying an A C 500

Old 01-10-2001, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

girthyguy,

go to the polaris and honda forums and post your message, i'm sure it would put their panties in a bunch. good going bud.

i have been thinking of a pull off between my ac and a magnum 500 polaris. i do believe i would win because the polaris operator weighs a scant 190 lbs and i tip the scales at 350 lbs (i am also 6'6" tall). you what they say--everything in texas is big...real big.

texascat.