Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

noisy 650 v2

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007 | 06:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default noisy 650 v2

You may not want to admitt the problem it is a known problem, My cousins AC was never under water he went the same places I did with my 800 sportsman and mines not messed up. Your really lucky you havent had a problem if you have a V2.So what you are saying is keep AC out of mud thats what I would suggest. This V2 was never swamped not a theory FACT. I know what im talking about im 40 years old and had motorcycles and atvs sense i was 10years old<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Chumley

I'm not sure where you get the "AC won't stand behind their v2" theory. I've had warrant work done on mine, so obviously they do stand behind it. What AC doesn't stand behind is intentional misuse, was that the issue? Swamping the machine can lead to all kinds of nasty problems.

You specifically mentioned the filter sucked dirt in, now if that doesn't sound like an aftermarket filter I don't know what does. Just a shot in the dark here, but I'd say your cousin did some aftermarket work and managed to screw something up. Yeah....that's something AC doesn't cover.</end quote></div>

Old 12-27-2007 | 06:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default noisy 650 v2

The V2 is WAY more reliable than any Polaris, IMO

Old 12-27-2007 | 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default noisy 650 v2

+1 with v2rider lol just look at my pics to see one of many times i had to push or pull one home. too bad i didn't have a camera with everytime i was out riding, or there would be alot more. you wanna come into the ac forum and bash my machine after you been here since august and have had 19 posts? well lets start talking candidly about polaris THEY ARE JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have owned them and i live 15 miles from where they make them. i know roughly 100 people that work there and i would say 95 of them will openly admit they have horrible quality issues. i agree that if it is making bogus noise just to move on but don't take believe a word this idiot says about ac's quality cause they were made for the mud and they are a tough machine.

Old 12-27-2007 | 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default noisy 650 v2

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: leslie70

You may not want to admitt the problem it is a known problem, My cousins AC was never under water he went the same places I did with my 800 sportsman and mines not messed up. Your really lucky you havent had a problem if you have a V2.So what you are saying is keep AC out of mud thats what I would suggest. This V2 was never swamped not a theory FACT. I know what im talking about im 40 years old and had motorcycles and atvs sense i was 10years old</end quote></div>

You have yet to tell us how it is that AC "doesn't honor their warranty." I also want to point out (again) that the motor is a Kawasaki, not an AC. Even if there was some mysterious widespread issue that we here on the AC forum haven't heard about, it originated in a Kawie plant. So AC wouldn't be the ones to blame.

Did you cousin oil his filter like he is supposed to? Dry filters don't work like oiled ones, that's why it says in the manual to oil them. Basically, you are beating your head against the wall with this 'bad air filter'. It's pretty simple really, keep your filter oiled and it stops dirt. I'm sorry but this story just REEKS of missing information. Dirt doesn't magically appear in a motor and when warranty gets denied, there's a reason for that too.

Old 12-28-2007 | 07:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default noisy 650 v2

Like Chumley said Kawasaki made the engine , not AC .

Old 12-28-2007 | 04:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default noisy 650 v2

I think Willibee does Meth.

Old 12-28-2007 | 06:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default noisy 650 v2

+1 with v2rider again

Old 12-28-2007 | 09:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default noisy 650 v2

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: v2rider

? Thats the first ive heard of cam chains going out.

Old 12-28-2007 | 10:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default noisy 650 v2

sorry about the last poest forgot to type my reply

anyway: just dumped my 05 brute force 750 (same motor basicly) for a 07 AC 700efi (new in the crate), main reason being motor issues. i bought it june 07 with 1000mi from local dealer who did all the maintnence from new still had warranty... (we've all heard it before) at about 1200 mi it started smoking blue, ticking, and had a poor idle. over the next 400 mi they did, valve adjust; one timing chain; all three timing chains & tensioners, pistons, rings and valves; and finally engine casses (for the coolant leak they were chasing from the first timing chain) never whent more than 100mi without a problem (not exagerating) when i finnaly convinced them to do the rebuild kawi rejected the warranty claim because they said it was "just worn out" also had a cooling fan, 4wd acuator & belt tennsioner over that time

the reson they have timing chain "issues" is because they use a ratcheting style tensioner instead of hydraulic. so before the tensioner "clicks" to the next setting the chain gets loose and noisy, causing it to ware faster. i have no idea why they have valve issues but some how the valves have a tendency to tighten up.

i agree with those of you who said its a good choise for a quad just not the one you looked at. my salesman had two prairie 650's (exact same motor) both with over 3000mi on them and no issues, so there are good ones out there. also my bf750 was picked up by a mechanic at the dealer i traded it in at (different from where i bought it) the same day it hit the floor, take that for what you will.

in the end i thaught it best to go with the suzuki motor over another kawi. efi had alot to do with it but anyone who went through what i did would have a bad taste for any kawi v-twin too

Old 12-28-2007 | 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default noisy 650 v2

you said it 62 handler when you said you can get bad of anything. i guess i never heard of any problems with the 650 v-2. could this be because it doesn't produce the power the 750 does?????

Quick Reply: noisy 650 v2