Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2006 ac 4x4 auto

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 ac 4x4 auto

i'am trying to find an aftermarket exhaust that will give me a louder tone kind of like the sound of a harley or racing 4 stroke,is there a manufacturer out there that makes such a slip on exhaust muffler.I called hmf they told me they wouldn't because arctic cat changed their exhaust pattern every 6 months.Now i'am at a stand still,any suggestions.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2006 ac 4x4 auto

speedwerx. i got one for my 06 400 and went from not being able to wheelie unless i stood on the back to making it stand up on its own. i know it sounds like a tall order for just a pipe but i swear to you it is true. call speedwerx and they will hook you up with whatever jetting you need for the new pipe. its areal nice sound. you wont regret it.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default 2006 ac 4x4 auto

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: limegreen4x4

i'am trying to find an aftermarket exhaust that will give me a louder tone kind of like the sound of a harley or racing 4 stroke,is there a manufacturer out there that makes such a slip on exhaust muffler.I called hmf they told me they wouldn't because arctic cat changed their exhaust pattern every 6 months.Now i'am at a stand still,any suggestions.</end quote></div>

Be careful opening the exhaust with better flow, you may loose power and gas mileage if you don't rejet to compensate. Not to mention the Game Wardens will ticket you if you are too loud. Not to mention that other ATV riders will turn you in if they think you are breaking the law. It is not a personal thing but restricted riding areas because of a few irresponsible riders have angered other riders and they don't want to loose any more trails and/or have more restrictions. I am one of those riders, if I feel that you are too loud I will turn you in. Nothing against you, it is just that I love this sport and I don't want to loose any more riding areas because of irresponsible riders.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Trailblazer
Default 2006 ac 4x4 auto

I agree with Buck on this one. I think there are plenty of ways to get extra power if that's what you're looking for but you should really reconsider if you only want sound. If you play in private areas all the time then I say go for it. If you go public a lot like I do, be careful because most places that I ride at (Wisconsin) have sound ordinances in place.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Default 2006 ac 4x4 auto

i too agree. I have friends and friends of friends to come down and ride for the weekend at my farm. the last ride every one was annoyed by 2 riders who had very loud exhaust. untill they fix it they are not welcomed back. before getting this ride together i had gone out and asked neighbors if it was ok to go through their property and they were fine with it. a couple weeks after the ride the neighbors asked how it went and then mentioned, they didnt like the loud bikes goin through their property. Of course i felt bad and appologized. we still ride from time to time but no loud bikes allowed. they will ruin it for every one else and almost did. so if you ride with others on public land i recomend not getting it for respect of everyone in the sport of atving, but your gonna do what you want.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2006 ac 4x4 auto

the speedwerx pipe is louder. but they claim 90db. it isnt any louder than a 2 stroke dirt bike. and the pipe is in the legal limits here in mass. and mass is full of uptight a holes. youde be alright. as far as losing power if you use the jet provided by the company you will do anything but lose power. the cats stock are loud and obnoxiouse and can be heard from a mile or more away. i think its rediculose for turning someone in for have an after market exhaust. its called respect if your going past someones home then you stay off the throttle. again dirt bikes are way louder. harleys louder. most truck or car exhausts louder.snowmobiles louder. so if your going to turn a guy with an aftermarket pipe in then you should turn anyone in with so much as a ride on lawn mower.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default 2006 ac 4x4 auto

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rango726

the speedwerx pipe is louder. but they claim 90db. it isnt any louder than a 2 stroke dirt bike. and the pipe is in the legal limits here in mass. and mass is full of uptight a holes. youde be alright. as far as losing power if you use the jet provided by the company you will do anything but lose power. the cats stock are loud and obnoxiouse and can be heard from a mile or more away. i think its rediculose for turning someone in for have an after market exhaust. its called respect if your going past someones home then you stay off the throttle. again dirt bikes are way louder. harleys louder. most truck or car exhausts louder.snowmobiles louder. so if your going to turn a guy with an aftermarket pipe in then you should turn anyone in with so much as a ride on lawn mower.</end quote></div>

You are right to some degree but Harley riders and dirt bikes don't have the restricted riding laws that ATV's have. Be it as it may the ATV riders have lost a lot of riding areas and we don't need to loose any more because of upset land owners that will close off there lands. And like it or not anyone breaking the law and threatening me for loosing more riding areas I will turn them in and get them off the trails so that myself and others (that do comply with the laws and ride responsibly) can enjoy what little riding areas that we have left.
There was a time when you could basically ride anyplace but now you have to have written permission from land owners and/or stay on designated trails. This came about because of a few irresponsible riders that ruined it for others. And I say to those irresponsible riders "the buck stops here". Not only do the irresponsible riders suffer when they get caught but the responsible riders suffer the most and get more restrictions for something that was caused by others. So as far as I am concerned the irresponsible riders need to stay off the trails and I will help get them off the trails until they smarten up.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2006 ac 4x4 auto

Friends shouldn't let friends make their ATV's louder...or something like that...

Old 01-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2006 ac 4x4 auto

ok so harleys arent restricted but snomobiles are so arent 2 stroke dirtbikes if your gonna bust on one bust on all. and yes you used to be able to ride anywhere you wanted but times have changed not just due to loud atvs but houses get built land gets sold some people just dont want atvs or snowmobiles on there property the houses that get built get sold to snotty people who hate everything and look for a reason to bitc#. im not sure if you're aware but your cat is pretty loud and if ya put a guy next to you with a pipe its not a big difference. your point is not misunderstood there are some people that gut out the pipes because they think it makes there atvs faster. it doesnt thats just noise. but also realize this in your day things were simple and you didnt have half the crap going on that you see in the news now. thats because the world has gone to hell and there are no morals today. people are far more uptight then in your day. and the lands that are being closed are done because the person owning it has a stick up there a$$. also the lands being closed are also closed because aggressive tires are tearing up trails yours included. i have aggressive tires and i have a pipe it doesnt make me a bad person i put just as much into the trails i ride as i get out of them. try spending more time busting on people who are tearing through wet lands and tearing up trails. thats whats getting them closed. so lime green do as ya please just be respectful of peoples land and homes and youll be fine.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Trailblazer
Default 2006 ac 4x4 auto

I hope you don't let some uptight comments stop you from posting limegreen and definitely don't let them stop you from getting the pipe you want.

Quick Reply: 2006 ac 4x4 auto