Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Thundercat

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thundercat

I am ready to spend the money but can not find one! I decided on one of these mainly because so many already own an Outlander.
I live in south Lousiana seems as that we are always the last to see new things.
Anyone know of a dealer willing to deal?? or even has one in stock?

Old 03-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Thundercat

First ride yesterday with friends and their new ATV's, all 700's Honda Rincon, Suzuki Quad, Yamaha whatever it's called and my new Thundercat.

I am a new owner and rider so not anywhere as experienced as most of you folks nor the ones I rode with yesterday. I did not have any trouble in staying with the other bikes regardless of the terrain, up and down steep hills, sidehilling (Hate!) and general overall riding. To me the Cat handled very well and was not tippy at all. My TC came with Razor 4-speed, 6-ply radial tires which took me everywhere the other bikes went and they were all running 6-ply heavy traction lugged tires. In fact they all looked like tractor tires.

At the end of the day we were fooling around with some short drag races and acceleration tests. Needless to say none of the other bikes were even close to the TC in these areas.

I am sure that there are many individuals that ride the other bikes that could blow my doors off at anytime. I am soon to be 69 years and I am having a great time. I like and respect all brands of ATV's and if I had not found the Thundercat I still don't know for sure which bike I would have bought.....Keep on riding!!!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 03:29 AM
Trailblazer
Old 03-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thundercat

thought they were about 2 grand more from the dealer

Old 03-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer
Default Thundercat

I believe MSRP is about 10 grand, so 8 grand doesn't seem so bad, but still pretty spendy. I think i should go down there and test drive it, I think it would be a good road trip.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default Thundercat

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Thundercatken

First ride yesterday with friends and their new ATV's, all 700's Honda Rincon, Suzuki Quad, Yamaha whatever it's called and my new Thundercat.

I am a new owner and rider so not anywhere as experienced as most of you folks nor the ones I rode with yesterday. I did not have any trouble in staying with the other bikes regardless of the terrain, up and down steep hills, sidehilling (Hate!) and general overall riding. To me the Cat handled very well and was not tippy at all. My TC came with Razor 4-speed, 6-ply radial tires which took me everywhere the other bikes went and they were all running 6-ply heavy traction lugged tires. In fact they all looked like tractor tires.

At the end of the day we were fooling around with some short drag races and acceleration tests. Needless to say none of the other bikes were even close to the TC in these areas.

I am sure that there are many individuals that ride the other bikes that could blow my doors off at anytime. I am soon to be 69 years and I am having a great time. I like and respect all brands of ATV's and if I had not found the Thundercat I still don't know for sure which bike I would have bought.....Keep on riding!!!!!</end quote></div>

I Just traded my 2006 650 V-2 for the T-Cat. When stepping off the 650 and on to the 1000 its like stepping off of a boat and on to dry land. The 1000 is 100% more stable and less tippy with no body roll. the body roll on that is less than my 1997 bearcat 454 4x2 witch has a solid rear axle. Who ever says they are tippy well I have news they are not as tippy as the outlander 800 my buddy has one and the out Lander is not as fast, not as quick and they do not handle any better. Arctic Cat claims that the Thundercat will out accelerate any other production ATV, sport models included. When I took mine for a test ride they took me down a paved road and at 20mph half throttle would spin the rear tires on the paved road. I could not ask for a better ATV and I ride like I'm racing all the time. The Thundercat is everything you could ask for and its everything that people say it is. Oh and may I mention that the T-Cat is only 5lbs heavier than the 650 V-2. 2006
650 V-2=711lbs dry 2008 Thundercat 1000=716lbs dry weight.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Trailblazer
Default Thundercat

Well I raced my friends 700 Raptor yesterday and its pretty even he has his piped and mine is completely stock. I smoke the **** out of him at a dead stop or low end then we lined up at 60 and its even for a little while then he can creep away from me but I have not yet opened it up very long because its not broke in yet so when he could pull away a little at around 60 I was at 3/4 throttle I am to guess that when i can open her up it will be very close.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default Thundercat

Damn that sounds fast.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Trailblazer
Old 04-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Range Rover
Default Thundercat

Sindelir,
you should be able to get him on the top end. I think those raptors only go about 76-77 mph, and the thundercat will crank out 82 mph. Just make sure you have a strait road when you open her up.

Quick Reply: Thundercat