Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Thundercat

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thundercat

I about choked when I saw the Buyitnow price on the second auction.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thundercat

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Sindelir

Well I raced my friends 700 Raptor yesterday and its pretty even he has his piped and mine is completely stock. I smoke the **** out of him at a dead stop or low end then we lined up at 60 and its even for a little while then he can creep away from me but I have not yet opened it up very long because its not broke in yet so when he could pull away a little at around 60 I was at 3/4 throttle I am to guess that when i can open her up it will be very close.</end quote></div>

Let us know when you get it broke in and are competing against other machines; I'd be interested in knowing what it will do.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer
Default Thundercat

Yeah i will keep you guys informed I don't think I will have any problems pulling away from him once i can open it up but I am braking traction at 60 and i leave 2 perfect spin lines for as long as I'm on the gas on gravel so I think that's my main reason that I could not pull away. I still only have 50 miles on it so it may be a little while until I brake it in all the way, I am the guy that keeps his ATV looking show room so i don't like getting it sloppy or muddy and right now its all mud and slop so until it dries up it will remain in my garage under a cover. I just took it into the dealer because the left front wheel had clear coat peeling from it so warranty did cover it but its been raining and snowing for the last 2 days now and is suppose to continue until Sunday so I wont pick it up until it stops raining and the roads dry up a little.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default Thundercat

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SindelirI am the guy that keeps his ATV looking show room so i don't like getting it sloppy or muddy </end quote></div>

lol. I just can't identify with that.

But I'm the guy who bought a brand new Honda in the morning and 2 hours later swamped it so deep in the creek that only the rear fender was showing.

Hauled it out, blew the water out and continued riding. Buried it a couple more times that day. Still have it.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Thundercat

Hey my name is eric and i want to but my first atv i see you have had a honda 680 and a thunder cat i want to get one of those but i dont know what one. can you help? i would like to know if the thundercat is a long lasting bike like the honda ? i like the thunder cat cuz of the locking diff and the size im a bigger boy so i want a bigger bike but i also like the honda 680 if honda had locking diff it would be better and faster to pick but i guess what im asking is if i go in mudd with the honda can it get out without the locking diff? and same with the thundercat. i want a bike to go trail riding and hunting and mudding when ever i can and i dont want to be pushushing the bike out of the bush i know honda i wont have to push but i dont know anyone who owns a arctic cat so. OH and also i live in canada ontario so i live where there is snow i want a bike that i can put a plow on and not have to wory about it not staring for 1 and for 2 not being aboul to push heavy snow. i dont want a bike that will be in the shop 24/7 like polaris so if you can give me some help it would be VERY VERY nice THANK YOU Eric
P.S im 17 so i want a bike that i can beat up and keep for a long time e-mail me if you can at eric_giroux@hotmail.com inles this gives you a e-mail when u get a reply (my first time on something like this LOL )

Old 04-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default Thundercat

I had a 650 V-2 cat I never owned a honda. but my advice is NO HONDA, they are reliable as hell but they have no ground clearance, no locking diff, They do not handle lie the cats do especially over things and they will not go through the mud like the cat either and they do not have the power the cats do. Dont get me wrong the honda is a nice bike and it is reliable but its not a cat. I have use the locking diff a lot and its a necessity and no one out there has a 4x4 system thats comparable to the cat. I do not go through mud anymore because its the main cause of things getting wrecked on any atv but the cat will crawl through more that pretty much any other stock machine. My opinion is is cat for your use its just a bigger more heavy duty machine.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Default Thundercat

If anyone is desperate for a Thundercat - we have them. I don't work in sales so I am not sure how much wheeling and dealing they will do.

We took one out here and is sick with torque, power, & speed.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Thundercat

Hey where are you guys located at?

Old 04-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Default Thundercat

Our shop is West Palm Beach FL.

Have a Good One,

Old 04-17-2008, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default Thundercat

Captain Quint, I agree with you, Street bikes are clean, my 650 gets dirty, really dirty and thats why i have soap and a water hose. Being 52 I want more power than speed, unless i'm on a drag strip. I leave the speed to the young kids, Their bones heel faster than mine.. LOL

Quick Reply: Thundercat