Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Rear Seat Mod - 08' 700 Prowler XTX

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Seat Mod - 08' 700 Prowler XTX

You can view the pictures that I mention below at this link: Pictures for Instructions Belowhttp://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=81483

I made the seat modifications & Baja light add-on using simple, inexpensive materials and using only the factory pre-drilled holes in the frame & bed...

For the seats, (Materials Needed)

I bought 2 $36 seats that were on sale for $25/each. You can find these type of seats at any place that sells canoeing supplies. I bought mine at the Bass Pro Shop.
2 - 2" x 8" x 15" Treated Boards
2 - 1/2 x 1.5" x 15" Treated Shims (I just cut mine off the side of a 2"x4"), these keep the 2"x8"'s from splitting, see pictures...
2 - 5/16" x 3.5" Lag Bolts with washers & Nuts (Use in Holes in Center of bed) I recommend nuts with silicone ring!!!
2 - 5/16" x 5" Lag Bolts with washers & Nuts (Longer ones used in holes closest to tailgate) I recommend nuts with silicone ring!!!
2 - 7" Canoe Seat Pedestals from Wal-Mart for $9.88/each
8 - 5/16" x 2" Lag Screws & Washers (For mounting seat support to 2"x8")
2 - Generic Seat Belt Kits from Advance Auto Parts for $14.88/ea.

Instructions:

1. Using a 1/2 inch Socket, remove the 2 screws from the center & 2 from the rear of the bed (Not the ones closest to the side walls).
Tip: It's easier to keep the bed tilted during most of this procedure...
2. Drill 2 - 5/16 holes in each 2" x 8", be sure to measure the exact distance and placement for each 2"x8". If they are off 1/8 of an inch, they will be tough to get in place. (Also drill through the 1/2 inch spacers)
3. Using the 4 - 5/16 Lag Bolts mentioned above, re-use the black squares as shown in the picture and secure the 2x8's in place
Note: You will not be able to use washers on the center bolts
4. Using the 8 - 5/16 Lag Screws, mount the seat pedastals to the 2x8's, securing the seat belts to the back 2 Screws on each seat
5. Now you are ready to mount the seats to the pedastals using the supplied screws.

For the Baja Lights

1 - Set of Lights from Wal-Mart for $19.94
You will need a set of crimpers and some in-line wire splicers.

I made mine where they will come on when I turn on my high beams instead of adding another switch...

To do this, mount the lights and run the wire using the diagram supplied with your headlights, I just grounded mine using another screw on the existing roll cage. Run your hot wire (green in my situation??) along the roll cage and under the dash board to the switches located in the center of the dash. You can take a flat object and carefully pry the switches out of the dash, they just snap in. You will need to locate the Yellow Wire and use an in-line splice that simply bites through the wire insulation instead of having to cut it, you can get these at Wal-Mart, etc. Please make sure you are able to get your crimpers in this area before you just clamp down on the wire, it's pretty tight and they don't give you a whole lot of extra wire... When you are done, test your lights to make sure they work, then just snap the switches back in the dashboard...