Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Replacing Front Axle Seal Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 01:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Front Axle Seal Trouble

I'm fixing my front axle seal and to make a long story short, I'm not taking it to the Artic Cat dealer cause I just replaced it and after they lied to me, I get it back and after a 5 minute ride my front left axle leaked out and I got water in it cause of the little mud puddle I went through.

But I took off everything connected to my front axles and tried to pull them out like I was able to do after I broke my first set of axles. Problem is, after four other people and I trying to take the axles off, we just cannot get them off. Does anybody have half an idea on what I'm missing this time? I figured that they would just pop out like they did last time. Any help would be great.

Side note: I can't get a repair manual from the Artic Cat dealer because they wants me to take my buggy there to get fixed.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

mine were a bitch to get out too. i ended up taking a flat headed screw driver and a hammer and hitting the flange at the top of the axle toward the diff. i just put the screwdriver on the flange and gave it a few good wacks then turned the axle and did it again. having someone pull on it as you do it helps.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

Don't know what your forgetting, but can get the manual online for free. I did, just don't remember the website. its a C R S thing.. Good luck.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

if its got IRS, then yank it out, may have to yank really hard though. most of the time they will come out pretty easy ,but there is a ring on it to hold it in. then the seal you just use a flat head screw driver to pry it out.