Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Artic Cats With Cracked FRames

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Artic Cats With Cracked FRames

i am currently speaking with my lawyer about it,so i can see if it is worth pursuing..also i have filed a greevance with the consumer product safety commision..the problem i see is i will have a fixed quad by september even if i am forced to fix it myself ,because i would assume arctic cat has good lawyers and can drag this out forever.i will keep a detailed log of my time and materials and go from there i guess.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Range Rover

Have you priced a new frame yet? If it were me i think i would just put it back together and weld it! Then put some good gussets on it and call it good. Just keep an eye on it for a while! What all did it tear up when it came apart?

Old 07-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

i am a a welder by trade ,so i can certainly fix it myself. but it shouldnt be my responsibility.especially after ive read all of this crap about how strong their frames are , and how they are the only stock frames that can hold up to racing and jumping and how theirs was the only one that did not have to get modified..its funny they can race and jump but not stand up to ordinary wear and tear. arctic cat has made some pretty bold statements about their frames and their durability ,but i guess you can say anything when you wont back your product.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Trailblazer

Tinydan, I have already got a attorny working on it that is why I am trying to get all the vins. His e-mail is Kevinkasper@kasperlawfirm.com I think its all small letters, I think its posted On arcticchat.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

Mine is still ok but PLEASE keep all of us 650 owners up to date on this will ya. Thanks, Mike

Old 07-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Trailblazer

tinydan I seen on the chat where you broke a couple of shocks, I bet you 20 that it was the top eye that broke!!! Right wasn't I They are spot welded, but should be wire welded. I had a 8 mile walk out this winter at 4 below, needless to say I was not a happy camper.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider

Only Cat frames I've ever heard of cracking were 04 and 05 V2's, the first two years for that model.

Had a 500i manual since 2002, very few problems, and I work it on my farm regularly. Hauled a lot of trailers full of firewood with it.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Artic Cats With Cracked FRames"></title><script src=

motrapperjohn very good educated guess on the shocks,unfortunately for us our education is coming from the school of hard knocks..i found your lawyers e-mail again i will send him my info tomorrow.as far as the 06 frames cracking and it being abuse or misuse,i would have to disagree! i have personally watched a bombardier 400 roll 200 feet to the bottom of a rocky ravine,on the way down it left the ground 15 to 20 feet in the air while going end over end countless times..they did total the bike ,but my friend bought it back from the insurance company and we fixed it..the rims were bent ,front and rear racks destroyed,all the plastic was totaled ,handlebars etc...it looked like a real mess , but it ran fine and the frame wasnt even bent let alone broke in pieces..the moral of the story is everything else on a bike should bend or brake long before the frame..these are not welds braking it is the actual tubing..either **** poor design or bad material.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: v2rider

Thats a first for me to hear of iton an 06+ model. It sounds more like abuse, as in jumping a utility, or something of that nature on the newer ATVs.</end quote></div> How are you doing.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Trailblazer

thats the same way I feel, the frame should be the last to go. I did manage to talk to the head of the atv division, Brian. and had a nice long talk, and he listened. Lot of it was what it would talk to make the A/C a better bike, like better ball joint caps with grease fittings, fittings in the rear spindles, wire weld the eyes on the shocks, and of coarse find out the problems with the frames and take care of those with problems.

Quick Reply: Artic Cats With Cracked FRames