Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Thunder cat 1000

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008 | 12:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Thunder cat 1000

I agree that the engine is to big for a quad. It is getting insane and sooner or later it will cost all ATVer's in places to ride and insurance etc... I feel that the engine should be put in the prowler where a bigger unit could use the power. Having the ability to go 80 plus MPH on a utility is asking for trouble. The arguement that it just takes common sense doesn't wash with me either. Common sense says you don't need that much speed and if you need power or torque then you should be geared for that and not speed. TORK.

Old 05-06-2008 | 02:30 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Thunder cat 1000

I agree. I couldn't care less about speed but to get the torque for a quad that heavy it's just something that comes with it most of the time.

Old 05-08-2008 | 04:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Thunder cat 1000

I think that before anyone forms any opinions on the Thundercat that they should ride one first. Mine is absolutey outstanding and performs very well in all areas plus it blows away all the others.

Old 05-08-2008 | 05:05 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Thunder cat 1000

Nice!

Old 05-10-2008 | 03:12 PM
Trailblazer
Default Thunder cat 1000

I have owned mine for over a month now, they are in my opinion one of the best atvs ever built, the frames may look weak but no they are not, they are one of the most solid machines out there, as for spinning big mud tires maybe they might have problems with the Spike Load Dampener slipping but definetly not a power issue and I know people who are running big *** mud tires on these with out a problem, this is the most powerful atv on the market and they are not 800lbs they are 716 dry weight, I had an 06 650 V-2 I traded in for the T-Cat and the old 650s were 711lbs dry weight, the new T-Cat is not actually that heavy when compared to other cat models, and ride an 05- present 650 or 500 and then ride the t-cat there is a night and day difference there is pretty much 0 body roll in the T-Cat and you dont feel as high up and yes you do still have all your ground clearance. As far as puting the power to the ground yes you can light up the tires if you are not careful but this machine is smoother than pretty much anything els out there its way smoother than my old 650, Dont let people tell you its to powerful, yes it is a lot but cat pretty much made this bike to keep up with and beat the can am in the mud competitions, The best part about it is that it does not have Can Ams crap 4x4 system, its the real deal. I would highly reccomend this atv to anyone, until you ride it you can not say that Can Am or anything els is better. There are alot more things to an atv than just speed and the cat is prety much the most sturdy rugged atv out there, no can am or polaris comes close IMO the only thing close to it durability wise is the KAWI Brute. The only things to look out for on the cat is DO NOT GET ONE OF THE FIRST 80 the have big SLD issues and they snap motor mounts off the frame, they have many more issues than that but most of them are taken back already but the way to tell is in the last 6 digits in the VIN example 229096 22 means it was the second run of the production line and 96 means it was the 96th one now if the first two digits are 21 than that is one of the first 80 or so that had issues that would be the ones on the first run of the production line my T-Cat is the 95th one on the second run so any of the first two numbers 22 and up are good any ones that say 21 do not get because its one of the bad ones. If anyone wants anymore VIN details on cats let me know I can tell you, and being the first year of the T-Cat they are bound to have some first year issues like anything els let me know what on your mind I can tell you some of my first year glitches and most of them have the same first year problems. I have done lots and lots of research on the T-Cat and one of my dads best friends owns the CAT and KAWI dealer up north so he gives me all the inside info that usually never gets out in public.

Old 05-10-2008 | 11:58 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Thunder cat 1000

Hey thanks a lot. I will be getting one of them but I have to sell my mustang first. A local dealer has one in stock that someone ordered and backed out last min but it'll probably be gone by the time I get the car sold. I'm not too worried about it though, I'll find one somewhere. I might have to drive a ways to get it though.

Old 05-26-2008 | 05:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Thunder cat 1000

bull, we have 30" plenty of power hell if 90 mph in 250 yds thats power.

Old 05-26-2008 | 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Thunder cat 1000

hey mine number 22-95 were brothers

Old 05-27-2008 | 03:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Thunder cat 1000

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I'm new to the forum, and recently purchased a Thunder Cat in March. I have had several issues with my bike since purchase. at 3 miles the started went out, thought just a fluke, then at 21 miles I broke 1 tooth off of a gear in the transmision, then at 38 mile the front differential busted... have ridden the bike 3 time and broke somthing evertime I have ridden it... it is a the dealership waiting on a front diff. , been there for over a month (parts on back order) I have had the bike in my possesion for 6 days out of three months. Has anyone else had similar issues? It is a awsome machine when its running, I have a hmf slip on pipe and 27" mudlites, this should not be to much tire for the front diff to handle. think I might have recieved a lemon.. I will check the serial number this afternoon see if it was in the first release... Does anyone have contact info for Arctic Cat constumer service, $10,500 is alot of money invested in an atv with only 38 miles , sitting at a arctic cat dealership waiting on parts!
Hopefully I'm the only one with these problem because, i really like the bike when it runs...

Old 05-28-2008 | 02:32 AM
Trailblazer
Default Thunder cat 1000

Ask them to trade it for you because of all the problems, if mine has anymore I will ask to trade, I had one oil leak, fixed, steering issue, fixed, clear coat peeling from front rim fixed, shorted out wiring harness causing blown ignition fuses fixed, starting issue adjusted valves not fixed, now another oil leak, one more problem and I will be asking to trade for a new one, only 135 miles on mine and its poring oil out of the centrifugel clutch cover. So yeah lots of small minor issues but it just bugs me that I spent that money on it and now its broke all the time. maybe i will ask to trade for an 09 model

Quick Reply: Thunder cat 1000