Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

06' 400 - Digital Display Failure and Cracking Foot Peg Plastic

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06' 400 - Digital Display Failure and Cracking Foot Peg Plastic

Hi folks,
After starting up my 400 yesterday after a heavy rain during what was a fairly warm day, my digital display failed. The machine starts up and runs fine, and all the lights work, but the digital display no longer works. The digital display back lights even work still. The digital display started up when the machine did, but everything just suddenly dissappeared while the machine was running. There were no weird sounds that coincided with the dissappearance of the display. The analog speedometer is no longer functioning now, either. I checked all of fuses under the seat, and everything looks good. Has anyone else had this problem? Perhaps there's an inline fuse to the display that I don't know about?

Also, I've noticed on our two machines (same models with very low miles) that the plastic by the footpegs is cracking. My father even had his heel break through the plastic behind the footpeg, and he nearly injured his foot in the process. Both of these machines have less that 600 kms on them. In my opinion, this plastic failure should be a warranty issue. Anyone else have this problem?

Cheers,
Ty.

Old 07-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Range Rover

I would suggest that check all the plugs on the back of the display!!

Old 07-20-2008, 06:14 PM
Range Rover

Not sure but disconnecting the battery for bit might somehow reset the display.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Tancat,
Thanks so much for the advice. I actually tried disconnecting the battery for a display reset, but didn't have any luck. I forgot to mention this in my post. I'll definitely try and fiddle around to see if there is a loose connection to the display, though. Hopefully this is the problem. I cringe at the idea of having to replace the display ($$). Thanks for the help!

Would you mind having a look at the plastic around your footpegs to see if there are any cracks? Both of our ACs are cracking in this area, and it's really suspicious. Neither machine has seen any really rough riding, either. It's pretty bizarre. More specifically, the problem area is the little plastic rib with the traction bumps on it that is directly behind the footpeg. We've had to bolt metal ribs on underneath these pegs to keep them from completely snapping off. My dad and I are the only guys riding these machines, and we are around 190 and 180 lbs, respectively.

Thanks for your time!

Cheers,
T.R.