Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Watch Cat start leading the industery

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Watch Cat start leading the industery

I'm still lost as to why these other brands still produce carburated engine when EFI is avaible and compatable with any motor. . . this is were Arctic cat has it's edge. . .

All there 2009 snowmobiles are EFI 2 stroke and 4 stroke the 120cc up to the 1100cc. . . there ATV's only offer EFI on the 700 and 1000 but the carbed units are all electric choked so it dose it all automaticly so you just turn the key may as well be EFI. . . some sleds are pull start battery less machines and they still have EFI on them. . .

From what i saw give it just a little time and AC is going to be the Leader of both tracked and wheel rec vehicles. . .

Mike D

Old 08-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Range Rover

I see lots of you are reading it ! who is agreeing with me ? ! ?

Mike D

Old 08-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya, Cat really "jumped ahead" by dropping a 400cc manual clutched sport quad for a 300cc shaft drive wanna be, and calling that their "new sport quad". I realize that is was just basically a z400 with different plastic, but why not come out with their own 450 sport to compete in the market, instead of giving up and going with a beginners quad?

Old 08-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Range Rover

they did what ! ! ! ! ! what a bunch of stupidity. . .

Why would they update there snowmobiles in leaps and bounds ! then give there quads a tune down . . . .

Mike D

Old 08-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer

I think they will make up for it in the next couple of years after they realize that they are dominating snowmobiles. Dont worry they have got to be working on it. They probably realize they down graded a bit too. Just give it time. Happy riding.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Range Rover

I sure hope so. . .

it just looks as tho the company don't much care about there ATV line up as long as the sleds keep in the top 3. . .

Mike D

Old 08-09-2008, 08:38 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

They sure will not have the performance of there sled on there ATVs including Yamaha,Ski-Doo and Polaris it would be suicidal. Sleds are low and wide and run on nice groomed trails with fluffy deep snow on the side not rocky ditches, or flat frozen lakes, ATVs on the other hand are one some crazy terrain.

Even riding a ATV with balloon 5psi tires at 60 mph down a flat straight dirt road is hair raising as it drifts side to side with two hand clenched to the handle bars.

Ride a Sled down that same stretch of road and you can hit 70mph with one hand on the handle bars and the other hand holding a beer as your yawning in your helment,because the sled handle like its on rails.

80 mph on my sled feels safer than 50mph on my ATV.

Sled companies could put there 100+hp sled engines in there ATVs as well,but talk about lawsiuts.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Range Rover

our trails around here are rarly groomed there about as rough as a few of the atv trails but i would rather run 64mph down them on my 275cc Jag 2000 than 45mph on my 500cc Rubicon. . .

my sled is 32 years old just over half the engine size and i think in acceleration and top speed it run run circles around the ATV it's only about 100lb's lighter. . .

Now them new sleds with 1100cc turbo charged 4stroke engines they weight about the same as or slightly less than my old relic of a sled with 10 times the power. . .
what a ride. . . that must be. . .

Mike D

Old 08-09-2008, 10:39 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I rode a Ski-Doo Mach Z with the Rotax 800 Liquid-Cooled w/Reed Valve R.A.V.E Cylinders 3 2 stroke, Its 170hp stock and will make the 600lb machine go well over 120 mph. The engine will never be in a ATV and rightly so.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Range Rover

well i get that !

but if in the 70's they had enough technology to make a 275cc 2cylinder 2 stroke single carb push a 480LB sled 68mph with 160 person on it, but in 2007 a 500cc 4 stroke can only push a 600lb qaud to 60mph barly. . .

but the moderen sled weighs 520lb and has 1100cc FI turbo charged turns out 123FTLB 177HP and will 150mph all day long. . .
but breaking 65mph on ATV takes a big gas guzzling V-twin. . .

I just find it odd a 30+ year sled is more advanced than a late model Qaud ! ! ! you can see without looking hard AC is shoveling cash into there sled's and just trickling pennies into the ATV's !

look at there first Sled to most recent look the evolution ! now look at there first ATV to the most recent ! tell what evolved more the Sled ? or the Qaud ?. . .
Don't look at speed and power so much as the whole package Carb's to FI suspension brakes ECT !

Mike D

Quick Reply: Watch Cat start leading the industery