Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Artic override in low range

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Artic override in low range

I have a 2007 ac 250 The owners manual say that the override button is for speed control when in reverse. But when i put it in low range it cuts out like it does when giving to much gas in reverse if i hold the override button in while in lo it runs ok but the book says it for reverse?????

Old 10-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

on my 700(and im sure everyone else with 700,650,500,ect... with 4wd autos) the override only works in reverse with 4 wheel drive on. if you try in 2wd, it wont work. The 250 isnt 4wd is it?!

Old 10-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mudslinginfool

on my 700(and im sure everyone else with 700,650,500,ect... with 4wd autos) the override only works in reverse with 4 wheel drive on. if you try in 2wd, it wont work. The 250 isnt 4wd is it?!</end quote></div>

I wasn't aware of that, I will have to try it (only works in 4x4). I guess I never backed up that fast in 2 wheel drive - lol....

Old 10-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

i didnt find out till i looked through the manual. it was right though, it only worked in 4wd. To clear it up mine is an 08, so older models may not have mattered.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Mine is a 2 wheel drive.According to the owners manual its only supposed to work in reverse.It Doesnt say anything about low range.I guess there is a swicth somewhere that tells it it is in reverse that is getting turned on when in low range i just dont have any idea where its at.I like to just do away with the speed limiter???

Old 10-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

are you trying to use the override in forward? if you are, then thats why it wont work. its only for reverse. if you want to override in low forward then go to high gear. low gear is gonna be slow. high gear is gonna be faster. then you have reverse, it will cut out when trying to reverse too fast unless you hold the override button, then it lets you go faster in reverse only.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mudslinginfool

are you trying to use the override in forward? if you are, then thats why it wont work. its only for reverse. if you want to override in low forward then go to high gear. low gear is gonna be slow. high gear is gonna be faster. then you have reverse, it will cut out when trying to reverse too fast unless you hold the override button, then it lets you go faster in reverse only.</end quote></div>

I know that. what it is doing is the same in low as in reverse.I have to hold the overide button in or it cuts out and wont pull just like it does in reverse,In high range the engine runs great so i know its not the motor

Old 10-27-2008, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

i misunderstood you. i wouldnt know what the reason for that is. you may be right with your theory, there may be a wire rubbing or something and in return your bike thinks its in reverse instead of low.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

There is a rev limiter that you may be hitting in Low range in a forward gear. My understanding is that there is a rev-limter that limits the rpms in forward and reverse gears and that the Reverse override buttom allows you to over-rev the engine in reverse only to be able to back out of something instead of going forward.

So maybe by chance it now allows you to over-rev in LOW and reverese? I know there was an issue with not having low range in reverse like the old susuki quads had so maybe this is a fix??

SJ

Old 02-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey guys, i bought an 06 500 4x4 and it has the same problem, its acting like the low range and the reverse have the same limiter, i cant go faster than 10kms, its no good at all, can anybody help me, thanks.

Quick Reply: Artic override in low range