Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Rear Diff Vent Clamps

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 03:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Diff Vent Clamps

I don't know if it's a common problem or just me, but you might want to check the hose clamps on your rear diff vent.

Mine was leaking oil up around the bellows/accordian, and I noticed the clamps were loose.

Upon further inspection, I found that not only the two connecting the bellows to the hose were loose, but the clamp at the diff vent to the hose was loose too.

Freely spinning clamps can't be doing too much clamping.

I replaced all 3 clamps with some better ones that actually clamp (from O'Reilly). I also went ahead and replaced the splice joint from the hose to the bellows with a slightly bigger one.

I drained and filled the diff after that to be safe. The front is next...

Old 12-09-2008, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Diff Vent Clamps

I'm with you on these O.E.M. clamps i have a fuel hose that's seaping gas from where it hooks to the plastic fuel pump on my 2006 AC 400 FIS Auto 4x4 , i'm going to replace the fuel hose and clamps on it one day next week ; it so close to where the electrical relay and battery is thats it's a hazzard for a spark causing fire !

Like i stated i'm going to replace the fuel hoses also because of the plastic that these hoses are made of , and i'm switching to the good rubber fuel line hoses that the Auto Parts Stores sell ; and also will be using the good screw type that's used on the Radiator/Heater/Fuel line's i just never did trust those O.E.M. clamps even on Automobiles !

You did the wise thing changing the clamps and checking them out before they caused severe damage to your Quad , i've been doing all my own serving of my Quad since day one i hve a great dealer who keeps the records in her pc when i service my quad that the work was done at her shop ; and every time i've had a fastner or pop rivet come loose she has given me free replacements because she has known me for over 30 yrs. and knows my background from when i ran my own shop over 20 yrs !

It's good to have a dealer you can trust to treat the customer right , again good to hear you're on top of the serving of your quad ; after all it's the life of your machine keep it up and it will last a lifetime !......