Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

which plow?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which plow?

can any of you guys tell me how high th plow is off the ground when it is lifted all the way up on your machines. i want to know how much clearence these plows have. thanks

Old 02-23-2009, 07:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default which plow?

Not as high as other models. (atvs) My 60" plow only raises about 14-18" UP off the ground. The plow A-FRAME hits the bottom of the front tow loop on the TRV.

It's not really a problem......unless I try to trailer it. The INCLINE is too steep on my utility 5X10' trailer unless I jam a 2X6 under the gate & back the TRV onto the trailer.
Ya got to get a little "creative" to load & secure it......but I've made it work.

My buddy has a YAMAHA Grizzly and his Country Plow set-up raises that sucker almost 2 1/2+ ft off the ground. But COMPLETELY different mounting system.

My 2¢ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default which plow?

I had an AC composite plow on an 02 500i. That thing will push a ton of snow. I had all the accessories on it as well. I plowed all the interior loading docks and sidewalks of two GM plants in my town. Could easily put a few hundred miles on each winter plowing. The only problem I would have is the runners. Eventually started making my own. The reversible blade was great. It would start to wear and I would just unbolt and reattach. Just like new.

The AC could push twice the amount of snow that my 450 Foreman can. I don't plow for money anymore though, so its not an issue.

I never added any weight, and I only weigh 175lbs.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Trailblazer
Default which plow?

hey cupsz71 how high does you trailer sit off the ground in the back where you drive your atv up on to it? thanks . I have a trailer that sits up about 19 inches.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default which plow?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: andrewallen

hey cupsz71 how high does you trailer sit off the ground in the back where you drive your atv up on to it? thanks . I have a trailer that sits up about 19 inches.</end quote></div>

Mine sit exactly the same. It's 5X10 w/a 4' gate on 15" tires.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default which plow?

If you are looking a t a 60" plow I would recommend the cycle country state plow. If you are worried about driving it up on a high trailer frontwards get a moose rapid mount 3. You can always back it on. I use my plows commercially about 100 accts. The cycle country 1 weld and 1 staightening in six years abuse. The moose county plow has been a POS from day one; needs constant staightening, push tubes bend, we fabricated our own blade angle mount kit cause that always bent. The new moose RM3 has been better, I have only torn off the box end the first day I used it but I knew that was going to happen just looking at it. Other than that I like the RM3.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Trailblazer
Default which plow?

where can you get these plows besides ebay?

Old 03-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default which plow?

You can get these mail/internet/ phone order. Dennis Kirk, Global Motorsports Outlet, etc. Call around get the best price them call the higher priced ones back and often they will go lower than the first lower price. Then call the first lower price one back and tell them you found it lower yet and he'll come down even more!!

Old 03-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Trailblazer
Default which plow?

So you can only use the RM3 set up on Moose snow blades only? Im having trouble finding how much and where to get them i just keep getting info on them.i dont know why they just don't sell then in one package deal instead of everything sepprate.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default which plow?

Yeah, the marketing sucks. Its like they don't think you'll know how much you paid for it.

Quick Reply: which plow?