Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

which plow?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which plow?

mega on you cycle country plow did you have good clearance with it getting on and off of trailers. thats the main thing im worried about. i dont want to buy a plow and find out that i cant use it because i cant get it up on a trailer. like i said before one of my trailers sits about 18 19 inches up and my other sits up higher but im not worried about that trailer. that would be good if they had a chart to tell you what clearances are on each plow. thanks for the help

Old 03-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default which plow?

im thinking i might go with the cycle country 60 inch. good choice?

Old 03-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default which plow?

andrewallen Cycle country is a very good choice. Has been the most problem free of all the plows also to heaviest. This is true only of the state plow. You can get this in 52 or 60 inch. I would not waste your time with the straight plows as they have limited capacity. I don't think you would have a problem getting in on your trailer. If by some odd reason you can't drive on you can always back it on. Are you using a winch for a lift? I had a manual lift and it limits how high you can lift cause there is only so much motion range with the manual lift. You getting into the business? Or why do you need to trailer it? If your going to do sidewalks get a 52" it will cover 48" at full angle. I paid 230 for 52 state frm Global motorsport outlet a few years ago. The manual lift was 70 and push tubes were 100 and the mount was 39.99 all from cycle country direct (factory seconds). Though you have to pick the direct stuff up down in Milford IA. This worked for me cause I like to frequent the berkeley world fishing outlet in Spencer IA, you can get 100 rod for 20.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Trailblazer
Default which plow?

yea im going to be getting into the buisness but not till next year. but if you back it on the trailer wont it be the same if you drive it on normally? yea im using a winch for a lift. well i see on ebay i can get a full set up for about 550 or so witch isnt that bad. what is the cycle country plow mount like> does it hang done far or not to bad? and is it pretty easy to install the plow every time you want to use it . thanks

Old 03-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default which plow?

The CC plow will, in the raised position hang down about 4 inches. The mount is a decently heavy peice of steel that mounts to the frame with U bolts and uses factory skid plate mounting holes. The mount acts like a heavy duty skid plate and once it on there is no need to take it off. The plow/ push tubes now have a quik tach system but even without that system it's only two pins under the wheeler and just the hook from the winch cable in front.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default which plow?

As far as the trailer goes the only thing that would be the same forward and backward would be the break over angle where the ramp meets the trailer deck. The depends on how long your ramp is. if you have a short ramp the steeper the angle. The only problem for me was before I had the winch the blade would hang up in the ramp. That is what I meant by backing up. If you have a prob with to steep a ramp just carry another set of ramps with you and make a ramp for the ramp. This will get your rear tires further up the ramp an reduce the break over angle. You would only need to do this if you got high centered when loading on the trailer. I don't see it being a prob I load mine on a leaf sprung car trailer all the time.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default which plow?

alright thanks for the help ill let you know if i have anymore questions.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Trailblazer
Default which plow?

do you know anything about thw warn plows? i was just looking at those and there alot cheaper. i know you get what you pay for but i didnt know what they were like. thanks

Old 03-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Trailblazer
Default which plow?

yea the warn is about 100 bucks cheaper that comes with everything.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default which plow?

I don't know much about warn plow to be honest. What I can tell you is that if you break something on the cycle country they send you a new part. I broke the mount on mine more than a year after I bought it. Called them up told them I needed a new mount. They asked if I was getting it for a new/different ATV. I said that I broke mine they informed me that the have a lifetime warranty on that and 3 dayed me a new one.

Quick Reply: which plow?