Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

New Arctic Cats ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2001, 05:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with you cowboy, I really enjoy going to the remote places and you cant get their at 50+ mph. If I had of wanted a sport quad then that's what I would of bought, tough trails are where our machines really show the true meaning of utility!

Old 02-15-2001, 06:30 AM
Pro Rider

Not a chance Cowboy! There are lots of us out there that like to crawl. I really wouldnt care if my quad only topped out at 30 mph most of the time. The only reason I want the extra power is to haul all the gear I carry. I have been on many, many all day exploring rides where we averaged 3-5 mph for hours.
In my case I have been the whole route. I have had the motorcycles, dirt bikes, 3 wheelers, sport bikes, 2WDs, and finally 4WDs. I bought my first 4WD in 1987 and never looked back. I think the first time I rode my new 300 back then I had found my favorite kind of riding and that is the slow technical finesse riding. Using riding skill and ability, not just sheer power to get over, under around or through any obstacle. I estimate that I ride or have ridden an average of 1500 to 2000 miles a year since my first ATV back in 1975. That adds up to somewhere between 35 and 50,000 miles on ATVs and quads. The ones I remember most are the ones I worked the hardest for, not the ones that were just a blur as I went by.
Dont get me wrong, I still like to crack a throttle now and then but I have other toys for going fast.
PS. COWBOY Hows the furniture building going? And school? I havent talked to you in a while.

Old 02-15-2001, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

I must say that I am being more and more converted to more of the trail riding. I currently race off-road/desert. I love the endurance factor of the long races. But I have been trail riding with my parents ATV Club and I have had a blast taking my kids with me and just sharing the time together with them and enjoying the beautiful surroundings that we get to see when we go out on these rides. I really love the tough tight trails that we get to go over on these rides. Some of the rides are very easy and just leasurely trail riding. It is fun to enjoy the time with my family and friends.
As far as what Arctic Cat should do. I think they are in the thick of things right now offering a good variety of machines with great features. I am with some of you that they could expand the options on their 400 size machine. I am buying a 300 4x4 but would step up to the 400 in a heart beat if they made it an auto with selectable 2wd/4wd. Heck even if they just made it a selectable 2wd/4wd then I would move up to that one over the 300. But for now I think Arctic Cat is right where they need to be. They offer the machine with the best value for the money spent. They have proven their reliability and durability. I think they are doing the same thing other manufatures are doing and that is to upgrade little things each year. Like for 2001 they have improved the stick stoppers, given a larger fuel tank with a fuel guage. Now granted there are areas they could improve on but what machine out there is totally perfect?
I think Arctic Cat knows how to stay in business and when we all go to purchase new machines down the road Arctic Cat will have just what we are all looking for.

Old 02-15-2001, 12:50 PM
Range Rover

Well with all above said, I agree with all of you and your observations.
I think AC has good products and is building a good reputation. I also believe that AC will probably continue to make small improvements to existing models. Nothing wrong with that. For now.
My intention was to see how many of you may have some ideas or suggestions on improvements. Maybe AC is listening ………maybe not. I have read where other manufactures sometimes do in fact incorporate improvements into new models that were suggested by owners. Who knows.
Just out of curiosity, What is the number of units sold from each manufacture on utility type ATV’s? Where is AC on that list?

Old 02-15-2001, 09:35 PM
Trailblazer

Cowboy

I couldn't agree with you more, the slow technical hill and ledge climbing is fun and much safer.

Old 02-16-2001, 01:46 AM
Trailblazer

I to like to put it in low and see where it will take me. I enjoy rock crawling and blazing new trails. Maybe AC should improve on the skid plates, make them out of aluminum or light steel,for all of us rock crawlers.
Keith
98'AC 454 4x4,2000lb Warn
http://photos.yahoo.com/keith_rndmt