Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Peoples Location

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2001, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm from the metropolis of la grange, texas. i'm a 26 year old small business owner that is absolutely free of a wife or kids for that matter. i have a black lab, a small arsenal of firearms--the newest being a ruger red label all weather o/u 12 gauge, and an arctic cat 500 auto.

oh yeah cowboy, if you are still out there, i decided against the .50 caliber barret.

texascat

Old 02-21-2001, 02:56 AM
Range Rover

I live in the great state of Utah. We have it all here from mountains, deserts, sand dunes, and everything in between. I'm 31 with 4 girls, been married 13 years next month. I work for the Utah Department of Corrections as an Adult Probation and Parole Agent, it's not the most thrilling job on the face of the earth but I don't lack customers : ) I love to fish and to hunt deer, elk, and coyotes. I basically like anything that is outdoors.

You guys might wonder why a Honda owner spends so much time in the Arctic Cat forum, it's because I like utility type ATV's. I don't care to hear about how fast a banshee or 400ex goes. I like to hear about rockhounding, hunting, plowing snow, muddin, working class atv's, that's what Arctic Cat seems to do best and you guys offer a lot of good information.

Old 02-21-2001, 04:24 AM
Pro Rider

Nice to see quite a range from all across the U.S., that's pretty cool. I'm currently a "professional student" I think, living in Pullman, Washington and attending WSU. It's about an hour south of Spokane, and roughly 7 miles west of Moscow, Idaho. My home for now is about in the Tri-Cities, which is about an hour south of Yakima, 30 miles north of Hermiston, Oregon. I'm 24, will be 25 in May. Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ESSEN! Feel like an old fart though myself, that's alright though, we'll make it through, as "A Country Boy Can Survive!" I've had several pretty good job offers, but nothing that really interested me. I currently have an Animal Science degree with a Business minor, and am working on getting a second degree in Agricultural Technologies and Management, in May. As you would have guessed by now, I love hunting, shooting, riding my AC 500, and just being outside. Also do a lot of camping, and have recently begun building log framed furniture such as beds, tables, couches, etc. It's actually kind of fun for a hobby I guess, and you can make pretty good money at it as well, so what the hell.

TexasCat-So why'd you decide against the .50??? That would be a fun toy to have. I just got my Remington Model 700 VS-SF, which is a .223 with kevlar stock and stainless steel heavy weight fluted barrel. I topped it with a Leupold 6.5x20 long range target scope with mil.dot reticle, then threw a Harris Bi-pod underneath for stability. Been sighting it in the last couple days, and breaking it in, finally got it dialed down to where I'm putting groups of 3 shots in the same hole at 116 yards (laser range finder)-pretty cool I think! I've got a little more fine tuning to do, such as pulling it back right about a half inch or so, then up just a butt-hair. I may lighten the trigger a bit, but for now it's alright, just a tad bit heavy for my liking. It shoots awesome though, and that scope is definately a keeper. I think it's definately going to be a coyote killing machine, prairie dogs as well, so I'm looking forward to a little varmint hunting here in the near future.

Good post, and Best of luck to everybody, happy trails!

Mike

Old 02-21-2001, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

I am from Spanish Fork Utah. I live just about 30 minutes south of Foreman 4X4. We need to get together to do some riding. I am 31, married for 10 years this past weekend. My wife is expecting our fourth child. I have three girls and the fourth is going to be a boy!!!! (It's about time we even to odds ). I work for an aerospace manufacturing company as an accountant.
I am buying my AC300 4X4 at the end of this month. I can't decide if I want the red or the green color? I currently own and race a Honda 350RX. I race desert and GP. I love the endurence factors in off-road racing.
My parents bought a couple of Polaris Sportsman 500 and I have been trail riding with them. I never thought trail riding could be so much fun. We go with one of my dads friends and he studies the areas and then points out all the interesting facts about the area. I have really enjoyed taking my girls out trail riding. It is great family fun. I am hoping my wife will see how much fun it is. Then I will buy here one too!!!
I enjoy the outdoors, fishing, camping and hunting. I hunt, elk, deer, pheasent, rabbits and pretty much anything else I can legally shoot at. But, most of all I enjoy ATVing. I have been riding them since about 1984. I started racing in 1986. I think AC has the best features on their quads. They offer the best quads on the market today.
It is fun to see where everyone is from. I would love to get together with some of you guys and do some riding.

Ride hard, Ride fast, Ride Safe!!!

Travis Taylor
87 Honda 350RX

Old 02-21-2001, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

hey cowboy,

the fifty was a little out of my price range plus i've always wanted the ruger red label and i wanted to put a little $$$ into my truck. that 350 crew cab needs tint, keyless, a cd player, amp, and a couple of woofers. i got a quote the other day an it totaled $1300. the 50 i was planning on getting was a single shot but, after consulting with people that have shot the big boy, my future acquisition will likely be the Barret M82A1 semi-auto .50 cal. (price: approx. $6500). one guy told me that when you pull the trigger it's like unleashing the wrath of god.

that .223 sounds like a tack driver. i know my .220 swift does numbers on small critters so much that evidence of their existence on earth is nearly deleted. the .223 ammo is also less expensive than my swift, that means more bang for the buck and less barrel wear. have fun

texascat

Old 02-21-2001, 11:43 PM
Range Rover

I'm 29, married, and from central Iowa, close to Des Moines. I went to Iowa State University, graduated with a BS in civil engineering. I am an engineer for my home county.

I like to hunt pheasants with my vizsla bird dog, and am slowly getting into bow hunting deer on my property. You can't hunt deer with centerfire rifle in Iowa, just shotgun slug, muzzleloader, bow, and just recently pistol. Bow seems like the best fit/challenge for me.

Don't have much for public riding areas in the state, maybe 1000 acres in the whole state. Pretty much limits you to private property. I really envy you guys out west.

Old 02-22-2001, 12:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm 32 full time musician that also owns a music store that my partner basically runs. Live just outside of Ottawa Ontario Canada. Spend alot of my time away from home on the road but when I'm there I like to play on my 60 acre hobby farm and go fishing etc. Bought a 500 manual in Nov and I love it. Only have 150 miles on it so far, too much snow to go anywhere. It's been great for plowing though. I'll post some pic's of some huge snow that it has moved.

GuitPicker

Old 02-22-2001, 02:16 AM
Trailblazer

Well I live in Round Mountain Calif. It's about 30 miles east of Redding. I'm 33,married,2step kids,2dogs. Love to hunt,fish,camping,& ride my '98 AC454. Basically anything outdoors.I work for the state of Calif. as a Fire Apparatus Engineer. Basicallt I drive and operate fire trucks. Right now I'm only seasonal, hope to get on full-time by Sept.I cut fire wood,do tree removal and build fence in the off season.
Cowboy, I'm planning on going up to Boise and riding with y2kautocat on the 9th-11th of March If you are interrested in joining us send me an e-mail and I will give you the details.
Good riding
Keith

Old 02-22-2001, 07:25 AM
Trailblazer

Hi there fellow riders.I am from Halifax Nova Scotia,Canada.I am 34 years old and am happly married with no kids.My wife rides with me most times(double)and the big 500 man. has no problem.
I am a member of the Canadian Navy,the under water type as I am a serving submainer,electrican by trade.
KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

OUT

Old 02-22-2001, 09:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am 65 & retired, I live inS.E. Indiana, have an A.C. 500 auto that I just Purchased. For riding areas check out ( trailsheaven.com) in W.V. or (windrockatv.com) in Tn. this is a new area of private land it is 72000 acres with 250 miles of trail (per club bulletin) also at I75 & sr63 (thats the 141 mile marker in Tn.) 57000 acers state owned wildlife area open to riding, this place is called Royal Blue.

Quick Reply: Peoples Location