Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Peoples Location

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2001, 10:11 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Roys,

We get those new Subs (Upholder Class) yet?

Old 02-22-2001, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

I live in Smithville, MO (just North of Kansas City) 34, married, no kids (just dogs), Dad & I bought 500 Autos last spring for Hunting Whitetail & recreation. I since then bought a new house on 11 acres and the cat has already been a big help doing everything you can imagine around my little acreage. I look forward to more recreation riding this year & possibly an out of state Elk Hunt or maybe Antelope. If anyone has a good idea of where to go on a decent Elk hunt, please let us know. Other than that, I'll be waiting out the long winter anxious for spring to start.

Lance

Old 02-23-2001, 02:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm 26, single, and live about 20 miles north of Fort Smith, AR. I work for USA Truck out of Van Buren, AR. Current ride is a 99 500 with a few cosmetic items attached. Getting near springtime, so I will probably look for a new quad for a month, and then back out and not get one for the fourth time.

Old 02-23-2001, 09:51 AM
Trailblazer

I am 32, married and live just south of St. Louis, MO. I hunt almost everything available in Missouri, but upland bird hunting is my favorite thing to do. I bought a 500 auto last year for hunting on a 5200 acre farm that we lease in northern Missouri.

Hey CatLance, do you do any upland bird hunting up there? I hunt pheasants and quail all over the state with my two german shorthaired pointers. If you ever need help eradicating a few of those pesky roosters, let me know.

Old 02-23-2001, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

Hey racnooc have you ever heard of
The North Slope Alaska I not sure if its a city or a county but i was just wordering. I was searching
for Law Enforment jobs and this place came up.
Just wondering
Thanks

Old 02-23-2001, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

Catlance,
Elk Hunting depends on what you want meat or horns. I assume you will want to get a trophy. Wyoming/Idaho is about the best place for trophy elk hunting. In Utah we have some nice big elk but they limit the entries just to a few hunters. For the general season most of the area is a spike only hunt. I have seen some nice big 6 & 7 point bulls (western count). Heck, one year we had a 5 point bull run right through the middle of our camp. It sent everyone running for cover and grabbing their camera's.
You are too late to hunt the big bulls in Utah. you have to send your application in by the end of January. you can come out for the general season hunt. but the price of a tag is $333 for non-residents. There are some areas that you can still shoot a big bull but most of the state is closed to a spike only hunt.
If you want to shoot a spike for the meat you are more than welcome to come out and hunt with my family.
I have an uncle who lives out in Oddessa he went up to Idaho and shot a nice big bull. He said the meat was tough but he had a great time hunting.

Old 02-23-2001, 11:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi I am 33yrs old. This is my first post to this site. I have been lurking for quite a while. I live in Mississippi, I am married and have 4 children. I currently work for a gov't contractor as an aircraft mechanic. I was in the US Air Force for 10 years. I don't have an arctic cat yet but will be buying one sometime this year. I am dead set on a 300 4x4. I also hunt and fish. Love to trail ride. I won't say what I have to ride now! LOL
Brian

Old 02-23-2001, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

ttaylor,

Thanks for the offer, you're right, I'm more interested in the trophy. Not that I don't like elk meat. When I was 14, we got lucky & drew 2 cow tags in CO & we were fortunate enought to fill both of them. We ate on them for about 1 1\2 years. I'm not really interested in going hunting on public land anymore, too many hunters who might not know just what they are shooting at. I think I'm going to save my $ & try to find a nice private ranch hunt & go for a trophy.

gspman,

I have never done any bird or waterfowl hunting. I have lots of friends that live & die for Quail & Pheasant & others that only hunt waterfowl. I might would be interested in bird hunting if I could do it on my cat, I'm not interested in it enough to do all the walking (read LAZY) required. I have been to a sporting clay course a couple of times & I'll have to bone up with the 12 guage a little (okay a lot) before going also. Thanks for the offer though. I think as I get more free time, I probably will do a little bird hunting, I have a few really good places to go, just need the time & energy.

Lance

Old 02-23-2001, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

CatLance,
Good Luck on the private hunt. That's why I like elk hunting is because of the fact that no one goes!!! I mean people are beating each other up in a line just to get a deer tag. They sale elk tags over the counter and they can't sale them. We usually only see about two dozen camps at the most where we hunt. I know what you mean about some idiot not knowing what they are shooting at. I used to deer hunt. I was bad enough when 20 hunters line up along the top of the ridge. some deer comes trotting up the draw and gets filled with so many holes that who wants it. but, you better beleive that there are a few guys out there willing to kill another human for that carcus. I said let them have it. That's when we switched to hunting elk. We love the meat and we don't have to worry about being shot at by some other idiot.
Any way I have never been on a private land hunt. We have guided some people to hunt on public lands but not private land. but good luck I hope you have a great time.

Old 02-23-2001, 03:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey I have enjoyed reading where everyone is from its sounds to me like there is alot of good ol' guys and gals all over the United States. I hope maybe one of these days I will be able to visit of the places that have been talked about, and maybe get to even hunt for some elk. Which the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency just released about 50 elk in Southeast Tn. Who knows I may not have to go to far to get to hunt. If anyone ever gets to come out this way give us a yell and maybe we can do some riding. Good luck and God Bless

Quick Reply: Peoples Location