Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

dvx 400 HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dvx 400 HELP!

OK so i was going for a ride today and when i started my wheeler up in the back to take it out front to put gas in it. i shut if off then it was running after i did it and i gave it some gas and it died. after a while i got it going around the block and it was spitting terribly. every time i brapped on it it got to an rpm and spit... i got back home from around the block and shut it off cause on the back stretch it ran good. i got it to 5th gear good so i thought it was good then all of a sudden it starts like spraying oil out ontop of the head gasket and everywhere there is a seal oil is comming from it. when i changed the oil i gave it a whole quart but it was supposed to take 1.8 or something and it spewed at just about 1.0 so i got as much oil as i could out... i went on a ride last week and everything was perfect...any idea why it is doing this now?? o and it wont start now...

any help is great

Old 03-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok i got it to run by driaing some oil but it still isnt running right. it has no tourqe. every time i would brap on it it was like act like it has no gas... WTF! like it keeps starting and running maybe i have some bad gas? should i put some of that like vapor gas or somethin in? it like turns the water into a vapor or somethin

Old 03-31-2010, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

ummm...when you changed the oil you drained it from the motor AND oil tank?

I think you had too much oil in it and blew something. That oil leaking from the head gasket is BAD NEWS

check the gas vent lines to make sure they aren't pugged ( bike not getting air into the tank and the presssure stops it flowing right)

you might have no compression now and thats why it wont start. DId it puff white smoke at all?

Old 03-31-2010, 08:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

no it starts up find but when i go at high RPMs it sounds and feels like your slightly pulling in the clutch and not all the power is going to the quad... thats the best was i can expain it. i took it to a local dealer and usually they start right in on machines from past experiance but no call today hopefully by friday they will have an answer for me. and hopefully not a very steep labor bill. i will post up what it was and how much once i find out! thanks for the help but im not a mechanic so i wouldnt want to mess something else up too haha

Old 04-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

maybe the needle in the carb is sticking? Hope you get it figured out soon and doesn't cost much. Friggin stealerships.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok so they called today... they SAY that they tore it apart and nothing was wrong... AND they say that they rode it around and it was hitting the rev limiter... unless the guy i bought it from had some secret rev limiter that he didnt tell me about and i broke that by over filling the oil...? lol but they said i can pick it up tommorrow so im gunna do that and ride it around and be like theres no way in hell this is right... and they charged me 35 fat ones! ahhaahah but ill see if something happened over time with letting the oil sit or somehting idk...

Old 04-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a dvx and it is not shifting out of first..well it goes through all the gears using the shifter but seems like it is still stuck in first for some reason, and will not even hook up it revs like it wants to go but has nothing....any ideas?....maybe clutch release camshaft?

Old 04-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

might have a skipped sproket somewhere in the block. like no teeth left on the sproket... idk maybe an idea? did you beat the **** out of the gears? like shifting hard into gears are high rpms?

Old 04-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey i got my dvx back today and they tore it apart and nothing was wrong with it. it rides fine now... idk what it was... maybe some oil in the carb from it blowing out the seels.