Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

New Cats.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 10:14 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rumors coming out of Northern Minnesota are that 2002 will see a rebuild of some of the CATS. The models that are mentioned the most are the 500 and 400. Added features and different body style.
This would seem to make sense as the Suzuki reps said that they would have some new ATV's for 2002. Also think that the recent power play with Kawaski, Polaris, and maybe Yamaha might have the Artic Cat folks joining the move up. With all the new models and power options it is easy to be forgotten! I live in the state and it is getting to be a frequent topic in the Northen half. I am starting to think there maybe something to it. It's hard to keep things quiet when they are manufactured here, long winters and all!!!!!

Old 03-03-2001, 12:05 AM
Range Rover

well if the new 2002 models are more beefier than the 01, have more features i like, more powerand in the same price range.....than i might just think about tradeing my 01 AC 500 manual (as is) for a 2002

http://photos.yahoo.com/grizzlyrules504

how much do u think i could get for it? it as a little over 300 miles.....and check out the other pics i have added

Old 03-03-2001, 01:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I guess that battery is a major must. No telling what the lights would do to the regular battery.

Old 03-06-2001, 01:55 AM
Range Rover

true....i get about 4 hrs out of the battery till the lights start to go dim..6 hrs and the battery is dead....i am goin to add another 1000 amp battery in the next few days This should cure that problem..LOL. i have some more pics of other things and my cat....checkem out (back up top)

Old 03-06-2001, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

When will we be able to see pic's or the new cats in person. Mybe I should wait till the 2002's come out before I get my 500. Or I could get my 500 this month and then sell it next yr, and get a new one. I always like to have the biggest, and the best toys on my street. Can any one think of anything better they could do to the 500's. I would like to see a headlight pod with the speedo and everthing else. But not as high tect as the foremans. But it would be nice to have the extra headlight.
Thanks

Old 03-06-2001, 11:55 AM
Range Rover

When do the 2002 models come out? Or when will they be at the dealears?

Old 03-06-2001, 12:12 PM
Range Rover

Summer release, to dealers in the August time frame. Maybe some can shed some light on what changes we can expect. Artic Cat has been aggressive in the snowmobile market and they have always been leaders in suspensions. They were the first to release the slid suspension in sleds over the boggie wheels. ( talk about accient history!!!) They have showen advances in mechanical engineering and have brought it to the market place. We will see if they are going to do the same thing in the ATV market. You almost have to think that they may come out with a Sporty trail bike to expand their line. Would be really nice to see a part time locker on the 500 but I guess I am just dreaming......

Old 03-06-2001, 04:14 PM
Range Rover

All Big Cats seem well built to me. I want to see what they could do with a sport or a high-po quad. Even better build one of each!

Old 03-06-2001, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

My dealer told me that the new models come out in July. She said they have a convention for all the dealers and show them all the new things in May/June. I am not sure if I should go ahead and take one now or wait the few months and buy the 2002. If they would come out with and auto in the 300 or 400 models that would be perfect for me and just what I would want. Now that would be the perfect quad...400cc with the 300 front diff. I also would love to see a handle bar mounted headlight.
I went to a local RV show and this company was selling a head light kit for $169.00. They looked really nice but I figured the price was way too high. I mean I can buy the same set of lights for $28. Have my dad build me a bracket with more flexability for a fraction of the cost.
Well, if these are only rumors about the new models and the rumors don't come true then I have wasted several good months of fun and enjoyment on a new quad. But, if they do come true and I can have my dream quad then It would be well worth the wait.

Has anyone been outside today? Man what a beautiful day here is happy valley!!! I think it is supposed to get up to 60 and the sun is shinning. I think winter is gone and spring is here. yeah yeah yeah yeah