Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Help please CV boot replacement 04 500

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just did mine yesterday,but i didnt take mental notes to well. It should be pretty simple,but it can be hard to describe on here. ill try though and anyone can correct me if need be.
-Put your new cv bot on first,slide it all the way down so its out of your way for now.
-2nd, put you bearings back on (i think on one end of the bearings it looks to be a little rounded off and one side looks a little more flat,im pretty sure the flat sided end goes on first.)
-3rd, put the big end assembly piece on,its the piece that goes in the diff with the splines on it
-4th, put the big "C" type looking ring back on to hold it all together.(this id the piece that was hard to find in all the grease)
-5th, put the grease that the cv boot came with all over the bearings. move it around to work it in if you want.
-6th,slide the boot up in place and put the remainder of grease in it.
-7th,make sure the boot is in the correct spot and use the clamps it came with to clamp it down. You can use needle nose pliers if you dont have the tool for the clamps.
-8th,put the shaft back in,just push it in real hard and the "C" clip will snap in. Id kinda pull on it a bit just to make sure its in all the way.
-9th,put the rest of the stuff back on that you took off,brakes,a-arms,shock,whatever it is you took off. then your done.
This whole process took me about 45 min,thats removing and putting it back in. You dont have to use the new c clips they gave you unless you want to. mine were in good shape still. Hope i didnt leave anything out,good luck.