Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

09 Arctic Cat TRV 700 EFI Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 09 Arctic Cat TRV 700 EFI Cruiser

Hi, I just bought this 09 left over from the dealership 700 EFI Cruiser it only has 20 miles on it and I've been hearing this clunking noise by the clutch where the drive belt is from day-one it sounds like a rod knock, is thei normal for an Arctic Cat 700, I've owned several other brand name ATV's and never heard this noise before Is this normal for an Arctic Cat. I don't think this is a rod knock, I think it's the clutch that's making this knocking sound. If someone can let me know if there's a fix for this or is this just a bad design.
Also I was thinking about buying a performance chip for this quad by gensis does any one have any info on this chip it's only $24.00 on ebay.

I plan on keeping this 2up for a while does anyone know of any issues or problems that I should be aware of on Arctic Cat 2-up Cruisers.

Thanks for any info
Dennis

Old 05-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I have now owned four TRVs - '05 500, '07 650, '10 550S (w/power steering) and '11 700GT (w/power steering). I sold the 650 to my brother with 5,500 miles on it and it is still running great. We still have the other three. In our opinion the TRV is the best machine available for the riding we do. It is more stable climbing and descending hills and negotiating rocky terrain, is less choppy on rough terrain and roads and has a definite comfort advantage when riding double. We each ride single most of the time.

The noise you are hearing is probably the rollers in the clutch. They are set up dry and can rattle a bit at lower RPM. But the noise should go away as you speed up. If it is as noisy as a rod knocking it might be something else. Everything I have seen indicates that there is not much to be gained with aftermarket chips, etc. with the 700H1 engine unless you make other performance changes. I'm not familiar with the chip you mention. I don't know of any major issues or problems with the Cruisers. When we looked at them I felt that the rear box was a bit flimsy so we opted to get the regular TRVs and add aftermarket boxes to them. We have also added hand warmers, thumb warmers, winches, etc. I think you can expect a lot of enjoyable riding with your new Cat.