Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

no power to 650 v2

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no power to 650 v2

I turned on my key and power was on shut off and turned back on and no power, I get power to the solenoid i have 12 volts, check the ground wires they look good, but i have no juice to any thing, I heard that arctic cat has a magneto problem but have know idea if its true or if that would even be the problem. I have a hunch it is the solenoid, I can jump the wires and the starter turns over but is there another test i can do to check to see if it is sending power out , or any other ideas please help thanks

Old 09-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Anybody

Old 09-29-2011, 02:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

ok let me try this, there is a little plug in the bottom of my solenoid, 2 small wires plug into it, I checked the post for those 2 small wires and there is no power coming out, should there be.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wow 92 views and no help.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

thats most likely because no one has any idea. Would you rather have 92 people say"sorry,cant help", or not have any of the 92 of them say anything at all? Id rather not read a post saying "sorry,cant help" 92 times. The v2 was only out for a couple years,so not too many people have them. Maybe try arcticchat.com. Its ALL cats on there.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post no power to 650 v2

Originally Posted by Turnducky
Wow 92 views and no help.
Welcome to the forums Turnducky .

First i don't have a 650 v2 what i have is a 2006 AC 400 FIS auto 4x4 , whitch is the last year AC used the Kawasaki 650 vtwin engine , but the electrical system should be close to the 400 ; what i would check first is try removing the battery cable + end and wait 10 minutes then reconnect your cable and see what happen's !

I've read post's others have made on the forum about doing this to reset the LCD pod , if that doesn't work i'd check the plug that connect's to the pod itself ; i've heard of this plug coming loose , these are the only thing's i can think of except for the main fuse being blown !

I hope this help's you with your problem , it may also draw a responce from some other member that know's more about the 650 v2 , i can't understand why someone hasn't logged on to help , unless they have all been out scouting for the upcoming hunting season ; any how i hope i've been of some help !

williebee..........

Old 09-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey thanks for the help, I will try.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by mudslinginfool
thats most likely because no one has any idea. Would you rather have 92 people say"sorry,cant help", or not have any of the 92 of them say anything at all? Id rather not read a post saying "sorry,cant help" 92 times. The v2 was only out for a couple years,so not too many people have them. Maybe try arcticchat.com. Its ALL cats on there.
That was a waste of time!!!I would rather have you just say somthing if you could help.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok well, I went through and unplugged all plugs than plugged back in, the plug that works the console had a bad connection and now it all works.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Williebee
Welcome to the forums Turnducky .

First i don't have a 650 v2 what i have is a 2006 AC 400 FIS auto 4x4 , whitch is the last year AC used the Kawasaki 650 vtwin engine , but the electrical system should be close to the 400 ; what i would check first is try removing the battery cable + end and wait 10 minutes then reconnect your cable and see what happen's !

I've read post's others have made on the forum about doing this to reset the LCD pod , if that doesn't work i'd check the plug that connect's to the pod itself ; i've heard of this plug coming loose , these are the only thing's i can think of except for the main fuse being blown !

I hope this help's you with your problem , it may also draw a responce from some other member that know's more about the 650 v2 , i can't understand why someone hasn't logged on to help , unless they have all been out scouting for the upcoming hunting season ; any how i hope i've been of some help !

williebee..........
Thank you

Quick Reply: no power to 650 v2