Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2012 700 arctic cat keeps breaking down

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 700 arctic cat keeps breaking down

so i bought a 2012 Arctic Cat 700 Limited Edition from, a dealer, and it worked fine for about 2 weeks, then i started having problems with it. after a while we figured out the entire EFI system was shot, so after getting this replaced it started working fine, about 1 week ago, i broke the passenger side shock,(the little metal circle thingy at the bottom that holds it up) and now a week later, the driver side just broke....i was just wondering if the bike itself is defected, or if anyone else is having problems with this kind of 4 wheeler.

thanks

ps. will send picture if needed

Old 01-21-2012, 07:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

If you ask me, manufacturing issue. Return it to get a brand new one. Everything on that quad should have at least a 6 month warranty. I wouldnt put up for that after paying big bucks. Goodluck

Old 01-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Pro Rider
Cool

I agree.

Spending that kind of money on a new machine you'd expect it to at least WORK.

You didn't mention if it had EPS. I've been following a few other forums and the front shock mounts breaking seems to be a 2011-2012 issue. The frame was re-designed for the EPS module, and the continuing the "ride-in" feel. As a result it seems the new shock mount design is seriously FLAWED.

Get your dealer to PUSH Arctic Cat to replace your machine.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

To be paying that type of money and it breaks in the first week or so is outrages

Old 01-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by cupsz71
I agree.

Spending that kind of money on a new machine you'd expect it to at least WORK.

You didn't mention if it had EPS. I've been following a few other forums and the front shock mounts breaking seems to be a 2011-2012 issue. The frame was re-designed for the EPS module, and the continuing the "ride-in" feel. As a result it seems the new shock mount design is seriously FLAWED.

Get your dealer to PUSH Arctic Cat to replace your machine.
It seems to me he is talking about the shock itself, not the mount, by his description of "the little metal circle thingy". Hence the eye with the bushing in it on the shock itself. The OP can correct this if he wants if I'm mistaken. As for me I have beaten my machine for the first few weeks and not had a single problem. I'm talking 6 feet off a hill launch onto the ground. If the mounts or shocks were going to break, that would have done it. I think he got a Lemon. Bad EFI, and bad shocks right from the start.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for all the info, just for future reference, ill post a picture that i took, note this is from the first one that broke, but they both broke the same way

Bike Parts :: BikePart2.jpg picture by ingoelite - Photobucket

Old 01-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider
Red face

AHHHH..........it's the shock tension adjuster!!

Me bad.

Not sure if AC re-designed the shocks themselves or not. If so he's definately got a case to push AC for a design flaw replacement.

Trending Topics

Old 01-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

Could be that someone adjusted the shocks without taking the weight off the shock. This causes the adjuster to crack or break.

But, dealer should fix it either way. If it were mine I would work the crap out of it for the next few weeks and if I had ANY issues I would be seeking a full replacement or my $ back. SO now you get to see how good your dealer actually is.

Swampy

Old 01-29-2012, 09:45 PM
Range Rover

Cat should step to the plate and replce the machine. Stop throwing money at it and resolve the production problems, that caused this. Prolly not going to happen in though.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

any issue my bike had ,dealer took care of it especially if it still has warranty. This goes for having over size tires as well,he just dont care as long as he gets your business. A very good dealer/service. your dealer should take care of it,you bought a warranty when you bought the bike whether is the factory 6 month or if you extended it.

Quick Reply: 2012 700 arctic cat keeps breaking down