Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

AC 2008 H1 650 Belt Slipping

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC 2008 H1 650 Belt Slipping

Hi, i'm wondering about getting a snorkel kit for my wheeler but wondering if those kits will prevent water from getting in the belt housing and causing it to slip? Do i need to do something with that piece in the back end that allows all the air in or is there a separate kit for the belt then the regular snorkel kit? Any help would be great. Thank You

Old 06-10-2012, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AC 2008 H1 659 Belt Slipping

Originally Posted by deezna
Hi, i'm wondering about getting a snorkel kit for my wheeler but wondering if those kits will prevent water from getting in the belt housing and causing it to slip? Do i need to do something with that piece in the back end that allows all the air in or is there a separate kit for the belt then the regular snorkel kit? Any help would be great. Thank You
How Deep is the water you ride in ? The snorkle is located high up under the plastics in the front at the handle bars , i've had my 2006 AC 400 FIS 4x4 in water up to the bottom of my headlights without getting water in the belt housing ; but i wasn't movng fast to keep from splashing the water in the creek i was riding in !

I would check to make sure the belt housing seal isn't leaking if you're not getting in water that deep , plus i would check for water in the belt housing when your belt is slipping by removing the drain plug ; then rev the engine in newtral to dry out your belt and belt housing !

I hope this helps .

williebee.......

Old 06-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Trailblazer

Thank you, I ride in water over the belt housing cover but when i get water in it, it gets in their fast. I have taken that drain plug off many times and water shoots out of it for awhile. When i look in the back end of the wheeler there is a big black plastic vent like that curls up and down with a big hole that i think the water is getting in at. I just wonder if a snorkel kit will provide something for that.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default snorkal

Originally Posted by deezna
Thank you, I ride in water over the belt housing cover but when i get water in it, it gets in their fast. I have taken that drain plug off many times and water shoots out of it for awhile. When i look in the back end of the wheeler there is a big black plastic vent like that curls up and down with a big hole that i think the water is getting in at. I just wonder if a snorkel kit will provide something for that.
yeh thats the famous AC clutch housing exhaust which has an opening facing back of motor...works like a ram forcing water into clutch housing.you can buy kit or make your own snorkals.They are much better and you should never flood.