Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Possible Utah Ride???

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2001 | 12:54 AM
|
Pro Rider

Scotto:
Hey, missed ya man, wondered where you've been! I'm very sorry to hear about your mother, my Best to Her and the rest of your family, I hope everything works out for the best. As for the ride, Yeah, I'd love to get together with you and ride down there. Have you already made plans for June? One of the Texas guys can't go till July I think, would that be possible? I'd be able to go to one, but probably not both.

So how are your pair of War Ponies doing??? There have been a lot of new guys since you left, do you still have your pics up anywhere? I swear you have one of the most modded 'Cats I think I've ever seen! Anyway, just curious if you had any more pics, I think some of the guys might be interested in that bad boy, I wouldn't mind seeing it again myself

Well, if you're still on the road, best of luck to you and your Mom. Let me know what you think of when would be best, I'm definately interested.

Sounds like we've got a few possibilities here, this could be good deal. Retreaver-I'll let you know about one of those weekends as soon as I get a chance. Not sure quite what is going on right now, I just got a huge job offer that I can't turn down, so I'm working on that pretty seriously. Soon as I figure things out, I'll get back to you for sure.

Best of luck everybody, lets see if we can't put something together,

Mike

Old 03-29-2001 | 11:18 AM
Range Rover

Mike,
We will be going arownd the first of June. We are still in the planing stage and trying to figure the best route out. Not necessarily the shortest route but the most scenic and fun. We are going to take at least 10 days maybe more.

The Cats are working great. broke a frount drive axle last fall but other then that I got over 5000 miles on the warpony with no trouble. My son is going to put tri-claws on his cat before the trip. I'm looking at getting a Supertrap IDS2 for mine. A baffel inside my muffler broke and rattles around. I need to bash it with a hammer every once in a while to get it to quit

I have some new photos up, hunting, snow etc. at my Yahoo photo album. No shure how to make it clickable but you can cut and paste it. the address is:
http://photos.yahoo.com/scotto_56374

scotto
99 Arctic Cat 500 (Warpony)
00 Arctic Cat 500 (little Bad)

Old 03-29-2001 | 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

I am interested in hooking up for a ride in Utah. The Piaute ATV Trail is a great one. I was planning on taking 4 days and riding the complete main loop (200+ miles) this summer. This would be a great time to do that. I've started to plan that one already.
If you wanted to hook up over in Fairview with Rancherrider then we could ride the Skyline drive, and the Great Western Trail. it is very beautiful. This is some of the area I hunt elk in so I could do some scouting while we were there.
I am available to go except for the last weekend of the months. Anyone is welcome to come and stay with me I live about 30min from Fairview and a little over an hour from the Piaute Trail.

Old 03-29-2001 | 03:46 PM
|
Pro Rider

Scotto:
Thanks for the pics, good ones there! Glad to hear their doing well. I think Alex (Isn't that your boys name?) will love the 'Claws. I put a set of the 27" Bi/Tri Claws on my 'Cat and really love them, they're a great tire.

TTaylor:
Sounds like a great idea there, definately worth looking into further. Oops, late for class!

Mike

Old 03-30-2001 | 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

I do live in Gunnison. in central Utah I have trials 10 Min. in any direction I think it would be great to have everyone who wanted, to come here and do some of the best Atving in the world, I do guide for the jamboree it is so much fun you get to meet a lot of different people.

would people need it on weekends or weekdays? how hard can it be? would you want to go fishing? do you want to see deer and Elk? there are 2 motels in Gunnison I don't know the price, but here are the phone # Country Paradise Motel 1-435-528-7521 and Gunnison Inn 1-435-528-7840. every town around here has motels so there would be plenty of room, hell you could just camp up the canyon.
I have the last week end in June off 29th for 4 days and first weekend in July 6th for 3 days it should be warm enough for most of the snow to be gone from the mountains... let me know

Old 03-30-2001 | 07:37 PM
Trailblazer

hey bigdcred or little bro what are ya doing on the weekend of may 29th have a friend wants to make a run to elk country in salina told him id be there to show him were we got the cow he wants to get his wife on the ml 300 it would be her first elk hunt he wants lots of oppertunity i thought mabey a ride could follow somewhere up there for an overnighter on the trail call ya later

Old 03-31-2001 | 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

cowboy,
Sounds like a fine idea! I'm interested in going. Do us Yamaha boys have an invitation also? If you can work it out and come up with some dates and times I can more than likely make it. You know how it is with the family and trying to get time away, especially the over night stuff! But with enough notice I could try and work some "magic" and get free for a ride.

Rick

Old 04-02-2001 | 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

So, when is a good time for everyone to go? The last weekend in June is Friday 29th, 30th, July 1st. There also is the middle of July Friday 21st, 22nd, 23rd. Which weekend would be better for everyone?
Do you guys want to ride and sleep on the trails or just go out for the day and then return back to motels for night?

Old 04-02-2001 | 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

I'd like to try later in July when I'm done teaching and have the cash to take the girlfriend/wife. She would love to camp and ride.

Dakota R/T

Old 04-02-2001 | 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

The only other weekend in July is the 27th, 28th, 29th. Other than that we are into the month of August. Would August be better?

Quick Reply: Possible Utah Ride???