Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Possible Utah Ride???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2001, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, just wondering how many of you guys might be interested in getting together this summer down in Utah somewhere for a ride. I had a few brochures of the Paiute Trail system at one time, but seem to have lost them. Is there any other really neat trails down that way somewhere? Would anybody be interested in planning something like this? I know there are a few guys who live down there with 'Cats, so it shouldn't be too bad of a drive for them. I was just thinking though, that maybe we could get some of the Idaho boys, some from Oregon and California, as well as try to bring up them Texans from down south, ya know, maybe all meet together in Utah for a ride. I'd come down from Washington and anybody else who is willing to drive could come from where ever.

So what do you think, is it worth trying, or not??? Anybody interested???

Thanks for the thoughts,

Mike

Old 03-28-2001, 03:55 PM
Range Rover

Cowboy, How about us poor Honda guys, aren't we invited? I'd like to get together for a ride with any of you guys that want to come to Utah, or that live in Utah. I haven't ridden much of the Piute trail myself but I would definately like to. I think BigDCRed is actually a guide for the Jamborie that takes place yearly on the Piute, maybe he could put a ride together. If you want to come to Utah let me know, my In-Laws have a cabin in central Utah in a town called Fairview. There are quite a few places to ride close by, and plenty of room to stay. My Father-in-law likes to ride and I'm sure he'd be willing to let us use his place as base-camp for a couple of days. It's up in the mountains and there is a pool and a small golf course.

Old 03-28-2001, 04:28 PM
Range Rover

I'm all up for at least exploring the idea. Some of us Texas folks could probably swing it. Sounds great and we would probably let some of the off brand bikes join in. J/K. Explore Explore Explore. A little camping, riding, relaxing sounds like a blast!

Old 03-28-2001, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

I'd love to drive up with waco4whlr in the end of July when I'm done teaching. Make it a time and date and I can go. Hunting in October is on still right cowboy? I will need a ride from Spokane for sure now.

Dakota R/T

Old 03-28-2001, 05:24 PM
Range Rover

Dakotart:
Sent you an email a while ago. Just checking to see if you have gotten it yet. I was responding to our ride in April. Utah could also happen. I sent you my 800 number, give me a call.

Old 03-28-2001, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

I'm up for it. Just let me when and where. I rode down that way a couple of weeks ago and had a great time.

Old 03-28-2001, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

UtahRancher:
Hell yeah you're invited, bring everybody you know! I really couldn't care less what anybody rides, just so long as we all have a good time. I was on a ride with GrizRick not too long ago, with nearly every make out there including two wheel drives, we had a great time. I guess I probably should have posted under "other topics" or whatever, but the AC guys are a pretty good group-not just the AC owners, but pretty much everybody on this board, if you know what I mean. I think pretty much everybody who posts under the AC forum is all in about the same category, no matter what we ride, we all seem to respect each other, value comments made and so forth. Much nicer to see than some of the other boards with all the bickering, ya know.

Anyway, Yeah, sorry if I sounded like I meant just 'Cats, I didn't mean that at all, anybody who wants to come is invited. I was pretty much just curious if there would be any interest in putting something together. It would be about a 10-12 hour drive for me I think, so I'd kind of like to do a couple day ride if possible-kind of lighten the burden of driving so far if you know what I mean. Of course, the boys down in Texas probably have twice that distance to go so I guess I shouldn't be complaining, just thought a longer ride would be a little nicer though, maybe a 2-3 day ride??? As for the date, looks like one vote for after July-any other suggestions??? I'm pretty much open any time through the summer I think, unless I get this new job anyway, then we'll have to see.

But yes, the elk hunt is still on for sure, I'm really looking forward to that one!

Anyway, whoevers interested, keep 'em coming, would love to hear what everybody thinks about a possible ride down that way.

Mike

Old 03-28-2001, 08:55 PM
Trailblazer

Cowboy,
I'd be interrested, not a good time of year for me.But if I'm off on days off I'll try to make it.
Also planning to go ride with Minehunter the weekend of April 20th-22nd or April 27th-29th. If you can make either one of those dates let me know and we can set the plans in motion.
Good Ridng

Old 03-28-2001, 09:09 PM
Range Rover

No apology needed Cowboy, you know I was just kiddin around with ya, right? That's what the smiley face was for. I spend more time in the Arctic Cat forum than any other because you guys post the kind of stuff I like to read about: Hunting, working, mudding, rock hounding, just plain old utility machine kind of stuff.

I would love to get together for a ride with a bunch of you guys. Like I posted earlier, let me know when and I'll do my best to be there and if you want, I can help out with the accomodations. (SP?)

Old 03-28-2001, 11:35 PM
Range Rover

Mike,
It's been a while since I posted. My mother has been ill and I have been on the road a lot back anf forth to the rez. - hospital - home and havent taken the time to post. Hoever I do check in from time to time. My son Alex and I have been planing a trip to Utah in June when he gets out of school so when I saw your post i just had to reply. We are going to the 4 corners airea around Blanding and also Casto canyon. It would be way cool if we could hook up for a ride. Its been almost 20 years since I been out there. Were taking 10 days and we are looking foward to this trip.

scotto
"Warpony" 1999 Arctic Cat 500 manual (mine)
"Little Bad" 2000 Arctic cat 500 auto (my sons)
http://photos.yahoo.com/scotto_56374

Quick Reply: Possible Utah Ride???