Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

what a former ac dealer had to say...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2001, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was in richmond, texas today at a former ac dealer, which now sells strictly suzuki, on hwy 359. he had nothing but bad things to say about ac. he told me ac is on its last leg and will soon go out of business and it would be a good idea to sell my cat as long as ac is still in business. that kind of scared me a little but when he told me that the polaris magnum 500 was a 2 stroke i knew everything that little pu$$y said was a line of salesperson bs. i wonder if he knew he was talking to a salesman?

texascat

Old 04-05-2001, 09:28 PM
Range Rover

LOL....what a dumba$$

Old 04-06-2001, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

My local A/C dealer when asked what my 300 Cat would rev told me about 9000rpm!!! I thought that sounded a little DANGEROUS ha ha

Old 04-06-2001, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

LOL that is a good one I doubt AC is anywhere near on there last leg. wow they will do anything to sell a machine. he is probably po'ed that he got out of AC before they started getting way more popular these last couple years.

Old 04-06-2001, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

Another thing. If you're about to go belly up, the last thing you want to do is is offer rebates. When you're on your last legs you want all the cash you can lay your hands on. You surely wouldn't offer rebates and give money away.

Old 04-06-2001, 01:12 PM
Trailblazer

I have to throw my 2 (damn keyboard doesn't have a cents symbol) cents onto this subject. I think Arctic Cat will be around forever - or at least until they sell the rest of the company to Suzuki? They are the leader in snowmobiles - I know this is a different division - but lets consider at the basics and call them all one. The ATV market is too big and profitable - AC is even making ATV's and stamping a tractor co. name on it to make it more appealing to farmers.

Remember the Tigershark?

I am in the process of purchasing a new ATV and steering towards the AC 400 4x4, if nothing else because of the dealer I deal with for my snowmobiles and from what I have been reading on this forum the last few weeks.

That dealer sounds more like Sour Grapes than anything else.

Happy Trails All.

Old 04-06-2001, 10:38 PM
Trailblazer

AC stock is up about $3.00 a share from the same period last year. NOT exactly a sign of a dying company. I think that dealer must have had some type of beef.. Maybe he didn't pay his bills on time and lost his AC dealership!

Old 04-06-2001, 10:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Seems to me that some dealers said the same thing, many years ago about ArticCat snowmobiles!
Just sad they can't sell them anymore!Did the dealer say why they don't sell AC any more?Well I'll tell ya, AC got it for me just, got My Kitty on Wed.,April 4th can't get on it enough! Maybe as if chicken little said AC's going out of business, I should go buy a few more. Well as always, Please drive carefully..........Cookieman.

Old 04-07-2001, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Cookieman, how is the snow in Northern Wi these years? I used to snowmobile there with my brothers in the 70's.

Old 04-09-2001, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

Speaking as someone who bought Tigershark PWCs when they first came out & also bought Arctic Cat ATVs last year, I bet I can guess what this particular dealer's problem is. I got pretty friendly with the dealer I bought the PWCs from & 2 years after I bought them (1995) I noticed he didn't carry the Tigersharks anymore. When asked, he told me that AC put tremendous pressure on him to place larger orders for machines every year. If I remember correctly, in 1993 he bought like 25 PWCs, by 1995 they expected him to place an order, before the season started, for 125 PWCs. He told AC to stuff it & lost his dealership. My ATV dealer has mentioned the same instance happening with the ATVs. He wouldn't tell me the numbers, but he started selling the ATVs in early 2000 & he told me that if AC puts the same increase demands on him for 2002 that they did in 2001, he'll have to pass on the order & quit selling ACs.

I'm in the contact lens business & I see the contact lens manufacturers doing the exact same thing with contacts. The manufacturers have a distributor network that they rely on to get the lenses to the docs so the patients can get them. They constantly force the distributors to buy more & more inventory every year so they can meet their numbers & their stockholders will be happy. The distributors get screwed because they are forced to buy more than they need just to keep their distributorship.

Maybe this particular distributor couldn't sell enough ATVs to meet ACs #s & lost his dealership and instead of using that explaination, he has to bash ACs to save face.

Just a thought.

Lance

Quick Reply: what a former ac dealer had to say...