Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

gas treatment

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 04:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STA-BILŽ
Hi everyone,

There are certainly products that can be used as an ethanol treatment/fuel system cleaner and a fuel stabilizer. Our STA-BILŽ Protection and Marine products do exactly that. Of course STA-BILŽ is what we would suggest using, but there are some other good ethanol treatments/fuel stabilizers out there.

You just need to be wary of any one product that makes a laundry list of claims. Generally speaking, the more claims a product has, the less likely it is to perform any one of those claims well.

I'd be happy to get some STA-BILŽ samples out to anyone that is interested. If you're interested in some samples please PM us.

Have a great weekend!
LOL, you're too kind. Here i'll say it for you.
Snake oils, like Seafoam, that claim to do everything including making your dishes spot free is crap.
Actually I tried stabil once in my ATVs and all 4 needed a carb teardown.
For the money i've spent "trying" any additives, I would rather just bite the bullet and see what happens.
I've been additive free for 15 years and feel good.
But if someone feels better using an additive, that's all good.

Old 03-13-2015, 04:56 PM
Range Rover

I've used stabil in the past and have had luck with it...both long term storage and marine products for my boat. I don't generally use fuel treatments or additives, otherwise, unless I just bought a used machine and don't know the maintenance history or is running rough. Even then, I typically still end up cleaning the carb and it usually does the trick.

Personally, I think ethanol treatments are more for climates with lots of humidity, such as coastal areas, because it exacerbates the phase separation issues common in ethanol gas. For a few bucks a year though, I'm willing to give it a try, at least on my boat. As they say, "it's cheap insurance", but I actually don't mind ethanol gas. It's not going anywhere so might as well get used to it.

Old 03-13-2015, 05:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by quadsr4me
I've used stabil in the past and have had luck with it...both long term storage and marine products for my boat. I don't generally use fuel treatments or additives, otherwise, unless I just bought a used machine and don't know the maintenance history or is running rough. Even then, I typically still end up cleaning the carb and it usually does the trick.

Personally, I think ethanol treatments are more for climates with lots of humidity, such as coastal areas, because it exacerbates the phase separation issues common in ethanol gas. For a few bucks a year though, I'm willing to give it a try, at least on my boat. As they say, "it's cheap insurance", but I actually don't mind ethanol gas. It's not going anywhere so might as well get used to it.
I agree, cheap insurance. Maybe it works in some climates but it didn't work for me in 110*+ heat.
Main thing is to keep a full tank and sealed as best you can.
I think we all have our stories and I bought an RV last year with only 2800 miles. It's a 2006. They couldn't have hardly put much gas into it over that time and they never used an additive. Runs like a champ.
I see you're from il/wi border. We lived in Mchenry on Chain o Lakes until we got tired of the weather.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Hey everyone,

We apologize for digging up an old thread but since it pertains to fuels, we thought this would be another good place to post videos we just finished up. The videos are in regard to common myths in the market today about what their capabilities are with ethanol blended gas. Please enjoy the videos below and let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Have a great day!

Old 10-06-2015, 07:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

So you slammed myths and competitor's product but didn't show anything what your product is capable of?
A more professional approach would be to show facts and video of what your product can do.
These videos gave me even less confidence in using your product.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Budman,

We appreciate your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to watch our videos. While we will not compare directly to any competitor, we thought it was necessary to help dispel some misinformation that other additive companies have created. Ethanol blended gas allowed some companies to develop products and make claims to capitalize on some confusion in the market place. As a result, we set out to help clear up some of that confusion.

By and large, it is impossible to show a fuel additives efficacy in a video. The only way to show that is through test data. Even with test data, a company can skew that to show what they want. At Gold Eagle Co. we do our own testing, but also have a third party verify our products efficacy. At the end of the day, we are an ethical company and will not put any claim on our label that is not fully supported by science.

Have a great day!

Old 10-07-2015, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a STA-BIL user for all my gas products for many many many years... my atv, 2 generators, chainsaw and lawn mower. I've never had any issues, so to me that means it works as advertised!

Old 10-07-2015, 12:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Alex G.
I'm a STA-BIL user for all my gas products for many many many years... my atv, 2 generators, chainsaw and lawn mower. I've never had any issues, so to me that means it works as advertised!
Alex G,

Thanks for already being a loyal STA-BILŽ customer!! We strive to continue to provide products that help keep fuel systems in top working order. Please let us know if you have any questions about our items. If you would like some free samples of STA-BILŽ or 303Ž Products, please feel free to shoot us a PM.

Have a great day!

Old 10-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Done, thanks.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by STA-BILŽ
Budman,

We appreciate your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to watch our videos. While we will not compare directly to any competitor, we thought it was necessary to help dispel some misinformation that other additive companies have created. Ethanol blended gas allowed some companies to develop products and make claims to capitalize on some confusion in the market place. As a result, we set out to help clear up some of that confusion.

By and large, it is impossible to show a fuel additives efficacy in a video. The only way to show that is through test data. Even with test data, a company can skew that to show what they want. At Gold Eagle Co. we do our own testing, but also have a third party verify our products efficacy. At the end of the day, we are an ethical company and will not put any claim on our label that is not fully supported by science.

Have a great day!
Kind of funny you won't compare any of your products directly but you'll make a video showing some sort of confusion to your competitor's claims.
Only time I used stabil was in my ATVs and it didn't work. It was actually worse than just doing regular maintenance such as draining fuel in smaller motors.
I've had my motorhome sit for 6 months in 115+* temps and everything works just fine. I hope my boat starts after sitting for 3 months.
Been a professional mechanic for over 22 years and will never spend another dime on any additive.
If people feel better about using it and spending that money instead of doing the proper maintenance then good for them.
Kind of a scare tactic, if you don't use stabil your vehicle will never start again.
I just look at all the money I've saved.

Quick Reply: gas treatment